Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

49 minutes ago, Longbridge Apologist said:

Are you doing it again now with some fibre optic? 

No plans to, as fibre optic is still a few miles away  - we only laid the cable to the nearest road around 400m from the house. So until fibre gets there, there's nothing to be gained. And TBH, we now get significantly faster connection over 4G than the 3-4 MBps over broadband. If only we'd known...

7 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

How many full size cars have you owned over the years @Six-cylinder

About the same as my model collection, There is nearly a model for each car we own, have owned or I have had as a company cars. (Not just the ones I have driven)

There are a couple of white metal kits that need building in my cupboard, Reliant Scimitar 5a, and MGZS.

My CLK has had a very badly blowing exhaust for a while now and I have not been using it for fear it might fall off or cause damage. I finally took it in to be fixed this week terrified how much an exhaust might cost for a Mercedes V6. Turns out it was just a broken clamp allowing the exhaust to separate. This means after 2 years of ownership of the @HMC CLK320 it is firmly on the good car list and back in use!

IMG_20211126_131541 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Sunday if anybody is free we hope to pop up to the FoD to move a couple of cars and then a cupper at the house.

We’ve  got a friend round this weekend and sadly I’m on roast dinner duty - after numerous free weekends, I was dying to come to my first FoD, never mind! We’re down off J5 of the M40 now, so not far to come up even at short notice or if you need an extra pair of hands for anything. Thanks all the same and sorry can’t make it! 

49 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

We’ve  got a friend round this weekend and sadly I’m on roast dinner duty - after numerous free weekends, I was dying to come to my first FoD, never mind! We’re down off J5 of the M40 now, so not far to come up even at short notice or if you need an extra pair of hands for anything. Thanks all the same and sorry can’t make it! 

Oooh you live in Fraggle now? 🙏😂 I'll wave when I drive to work (Marlow) 

Sadly I'm tied up tomorrow.  Got a load of things I need to get done prepping for a bunch of jobs including getting new fences installed, especially as it's the only day I have a helper on hand for a while - and need to give the Jag a pre-MOT inspection.  Plus sort the windscreen washers, the dodgy fog light and get the nearside headlight to point vaguely in the right direction again.

If vehicles are being moved and it's not a huge pain (which given the recent weather it may well be deemed to be - if so please don't bother) and the Cavalier could be got to somewhere on a hard surface that would be brilliant.

Jag hopefully should be moving on in the next week or two and once that's done can look to arrange collection.  Though conditions for getting vehicles out of the field are only getting worse as the winter progresses.  I'd kinda hoped to have it sorted by now, but it's taken way longer to sort things to make the hole for it than I'd hoped.

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Oooh you live in Fraggle now? 🙏😂 I'll wave when I drive to work (Marlow) 

I had to Google that (not a local innit) without much success - although Wikipedia seems to be able to work it out! Yep, here for the next year at least - we had snow this morning, #TopOfTheHill! 😂

DF341F4C-5F1E-48B2-B14E-146EB597E90A.png