Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

19 hours ago, Ghosty said:

June date is a possible for me. Might be a good time for me to work out if I can sleep in an MX-5. 

I'll put a strong "would not recommend" in that box. Shorter footwell in the passenger side puts your legs in a funny place. Non-adjustable steering wheel means you can't move around in the driver's side. I have tried...

In fact I'm so anti-MX5-sleepage I'm bringing a 50 year old Land Rover for (get this) more comfort!

Just giving a fair warning, looks like ill be able to make this gathering :) its been far too long since I Have been able to make it to a FoD gathering, I sadly wont be visiting in REV, but Im very much looking forward to it still! :) 

(really hoping we can get the Bedford CF going, thats my personal goal)

2 hours ago, Crackers said:

I'll put a strong "would not recommend" in that box. Shorter footwell in the passenger side puts your legs in a funny place. Non-adjustable steering wheel means you can't move around in the driver's side. I have tried...

In fact I'm so anti-MX5-sleepage I'm bringing a 50 year old Land Rover for (get this) more comfort!

I thought it was just me! My son had an MX5 a year or two ago and I was surprised that my 5'9" would not fit comfortably in the passenger seat.  Driving it was a bit more comfortable. We measured the legroom each side and found the passenger side to be about 6" shorter.

9 minutes ago, RayMK said:

I thought it was just me! My son had an MX5 a year or two ago and I was surprised that my 5'9" would not fit comfortably in the passenger seat.  Driving it was a bit more comfortable. We measured the legroom each side and found the passenger side to be about 6" shorter.

I believe the ECU is fixed in front of the passenger footwell, between the BIW and the carpet/false floor. I never noticed, until my mate drove my car and I had a double take as I got in the passenger seat!

16 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I hope she provides you rail guys a gold spike for the weekend!

Gold spike.jpg

Hope you all have fun with it! I'd love to be there for the first train but unfortunately exams next week mean I'm phoning in sick until the June meet.

Autoshiters please come and see us this weekend, the weather is lovely, dry, warm and sunny. Just jump in!

If you have never been to the FoD before just PM me for joining instructions. Pets welcome, children welcome, parents welcome. Free camping, for motorhomes, caravans, tents and car sleepers.

The final thing I have to temp you with is Mrs6C has bought a large new kettle for the gas stove!

IMG_20220510_124249 broad.jpg

2 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

That was the easy bit!

Never mind me, I've just looked at the pictures again and realised where the container has ended up, so much easier. For some reason I'd forgotten that part of the yard* exists, and that the lorry had gone round by the black Range Rover.

1 hour ago, Crackers said:

Never mind me, I've just looked at the pictures again and realised where the container has ended up, so much easier. For some reason I'd forgotten that part of the yard* exists, and that the lorry had gone round by the black Range Rover.

I'd still struggle to get an artic through there mind.