Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

40ft shipping container weigh about 4 tons empty, our JCB has a 1 ton lift capacity!

45 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Easy solution to that - buy a bigger JCB.

or better yet use it as an excuse to buy 4 JCBs and put them in a RAID array

redundant array of inexpensive diggers :mrgreen:

(see also the Redundant array of inexpensive Dumpers already installed at the FoD :)

For storage, have you looked at truck bodies? The yard I use for storage (having run out of space in my unit...) has a mix of shipping containers and truck bodies, and they seem much of a muchness really. Truck bodies have the advantage that the entrance is low to the ground once you remove the truck bit. Visited some people yesterday who also love a truck body for storage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154804078035?hash=item240b0ac5d3:g:tfUAAOSwlWZh6bJB

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - The disloyalty should see him drummed out of AS!
43 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Today I handed in my Clio for a taste of the future.

IMG_20220216_160716 broad.jpg

IMG_20220216_161136 broad.jpg

IMG_20220216_160647 broad.jpg

IMG_20220216_163020 broad.jpg

I can't work out if I vaguely like that or not. I'll give it to Kia and Hyundai though - they're pushing to the front of the queue with their ideas. I bet it's keeping the rest on their toes. 

We have been out visiting friends tonight with the motivation of doing some miles in my first drive of an electric car. It feels quite nice, rides ok, goes well enough and I rather like the rear styling. The big drawback is the cost £49,120! I still have range anxiety, but maybe that is just me.   

Don't worry it goes back tomorrow and I get my Clio back.

IMG_20220216_231011 broad.jpg

Oh that looks so much better than VWs offerings to my eye...like it or loathe it, it actually was designed by someone who has some sense of style rather than just making as boring as possible a white good.

Two of the favourite cars we had through here before Chris lost access to the demo fleet through a job change were both Kias, being a top end Optima (which knocked the A5 he had at the time into next week on every count) and a Stinger.  The only gripe we had with the Optima was that the engine was a bit agricultural compared to the rest of the car.  On the Stinger it was that the exhaust was a bit too quiet for a V6 sports car and that the interior really needed a little bit more colour.

I really likes the styling of the Stinger, it's brash, it's in your face, it's a muscle car.

IMG_20180305_172324.thumb.jpg.d6168b079fa16578f41ef89fb9c1cd4d.jpg

IMG_20180220_092340.thumb.jpg.ca04e5da388bb9bdd8515b7f92039a51.jpg

I especially like the detail in it, like how the rear door closure forms the same line as the bootlid.

Yes, if I were buying one you can be bloody sure it would be that colour too.

I'd really have liked to take a look at that one you've got there if circumstances allowed it, sadly not to be this time.

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

What is it with modern cars having strings of LED "ambient lighting" running here there and everywhere in the cabin?  Makes them look like a teenager's bedroom.

Not me I saved all my wheat bulbs for my model Railway. If only there had been LED bulbs readily available at the time.