Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

I am thinking about the end of May Bank Holiday weekend 29/30/31 May

By then we will be able to host 30 people so a larger gathering than the 6 only we have done so far this year is possible.

Camping/caravan/motorhome/car camping are all welcome and can be extended before or after the bank holiday. You are welcome to bring your family and use us as a base to visit the area for other activities.

What can you do:

Bring your own project car or non-car related projects

Sit around and drink tea

Toledo –paint anti rust primer on open rust wounds

Trevi – last year Zel put rust killer on the worst rust spots but they now need filler/paint on them.

Invacars – inspect all brakes on both cars

Cut the grass with a ride on mower

Condor mower needs starting and adjusting to run well

Garden railway Mrs6C has bought some garden railway track and there is an opportunity to lay some out and scoot on her unpowered trolley.

Campfire in the large chiminea – fun with saws getting ready

There is also the opportunity to pick your own project in advance, if I have a cars that you think I have neglected and want to do something about it subject to me getting the parts required in time then I can bring it to the FoD for you to work on.

Dogs, cats and even horses are welcome.

Our farming neighbour is using the main field so you can’t drive in it.

All weather dependent and I will keep an eye out post updates of the plan.

All equipment is dangerous and you must be responsible for your own well-being.

13528202_10154295268023200_3854657997195124011_o.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - What are you doing May Bank Holiday weekend 29/30/31?
1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am thinking about the end of May Bank Holiday weekend 29/30/31 May

By then we will be able to host 30 people so a larger gathering than the 6 only we have done so far this year is possible.

Camping/caravan/motorhome/car camping are all welcome and can be extended before or after the bank holiday. You are welcome to bring your family and use us as a base to visit the area for other activities.

What can you do:

Bring your own project car or non-car related projects

Sit around and drink tea

Toledo –paint anti rust primer on open rust wounds

Trevi – last year Zel put rust killer on the worst rust spots but they now need filler/paint on them.

Invacars – inspect all brakes on both cars

Cut the grass with a ride on mower

Condor mower needs starting and adjusting to run well

Garden railway Mrs6C has bought some garden railway track and there is an opportunity to lay some out and scoot on her unpowered trolley.

Campfire in the large chiminea – fun with saws getting ready

There is also the opportunity to pick your own project in advance, if I have a cars that you think I have neglected and want to do something about it subject to me getting the parts required in time then I can bring it to the FoD for you to work on.

Dogs, cats and even horses are welcome.

Our farming neighbour is using the main field so you can’t drive in it.

All weather dependent and I will keep an eye out post updates of the plan.

All equipment is dangerous and you must be responsible for your own well-being.

13528202_10154295268023200_3854657997195124011_o.jpg

Hell yeah! count me in for sure :) 

wonder if I (read: my back) can manage all 3 days, will have to figure out the logistics :) 

I might try and come up on the Saturday or Monday if a) there's room and b) I've not got a million late assignments.

1 hour ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

I will swing by in Cedric on the Monday on the way home from Goodwood.

Are you down here all weekend? Give us a buzz if you fancy a brew or something, would be nice to get my eyes on the mighty Datsunissan. Or poss convoy up to the FoD if I go Monday.

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

opportunity to lay some out and scoot on her unpowered trolley. Comedy gold potential?? :D

Dogs, cats and even horses are welcome. But not Beko

@beko1987's parents have a garden railway, too! Maybe they would like to bring some rolling stock over and have a play? We can offer track in 3.5", 5" and 7.25" gauges...

11 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Are you down here all weekend? Give us a buzz if you fancy a brew or something, would be nice to get my eyes on the mighty Datsunissan. Or poss convoy up to the FoD if I go Monday.

Yeah spending Friday, Saturday, Sunday night at Goodwood. Will send you a PM.

Hmm... actually planning to be in Warwickshire visiting parentals over the Bank Holiday weekend and that isn’t far at all from the FoD... so now it’s a straight shoot out between heading home Sunday night and going to a car show locally on the Monday or stopping Sunday night and coming to the FoD... hmmm... 

Yes please. It'd give me a chance to have a run out in the Daihatsu and meet some people I'm not immediately related to. My preference would be the Sunday as i have boring family duties on Saturday and potentially a family get-together on the Monday evening. I'd just be a day tripper.

Been tootling round in @Six-cylinders 306 convertible and doing a bit of tinkering.

Todays tinkering abs light, thought I'd start with the front sensors and the problem was immediately obvious..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YLznQsF6Cq9YFL2d9

Sorting this for @Six-cylinderis a bit beyond my capabilities, anyone localish (Stafford) a willing volunteer if I get the bit? Alternatively it's going to be a garage job.

53 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Hmm... actually planning to be in Warwickshire visiting parentals over the Bank Holiday weekend and that isn’t far at all from the FoD... so now it’s a straight shoot out between heading home Sunday night and going to a car show locally on the Monday or stopping Sunday night and coming to the FoD... hmmm... 

BRING LADY EDITH.

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Been tootling round in @Six-cylinders 306 convertible and doing a bit of tinkering.

Todays tinkering abs light, thought I'd start with the front sensors and the problem was immediately obvious..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YLznQsF6Cq9YFL2d9

Sorting this for @Six-cylinderis a bit beyond my capabilities, anyone localish (Stafford) a willing volunteer if I get the bit? Alternatively it's going to be a garage job.

I take it the ring isn’t supposed to move like that?

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

if I get the bit?

Are you planning on getting just the ring or a whole new CV joint?  The rings are easy enough to fit as you do them in the same manner as the ring gear on a flywheel:  Get it *bastard* hot, drop it on, let it cool.  It's actually more work to dismantle and get to the CV joint than it is to do the work.

If you bring it to the FOD for the weekender, I have no doubt we could fit it.

On 12/05/2021 at 20:36, dozeydustman said:

@Heidel_Kakao & @Crackers if you're free for a cuppa this Saturday I'd be more than happy to meet up. I'm working 5:30 am - 2pm doing my office crap and missed bins round so will be out and about, or later on.

Sorry to hijack thread.

This Saturday I am fetching an engine from Yorkshire, but when I am at Goodwood we should definitely meet for a cuppa.

12 minutes ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

This Saturday I am fetching an engine from Yorkshire, buy when I am at Goodwood we should definitely meet for a cuppa.

indeed sir! I'm about most weekends. I'd love to turn up to an AS meet with a cart. can't see work liking that though, even if I pay for diesel (at 3.5mpg, I won't be!)