Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

5 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I’ve even got my ( CAMRA) colleague searching his store for plastic pint glasses!

Just go buy more tasty treats from Waitrose! Those clear plastic containers are a perfect fit for a 6" plant pot!

1 minute ago, Mrs6C said:

Oh go on then & I'll donate you the containers back! :-) I still have four of them from last year!

Don’t worry, if I stop by on the way to oxford I can bring up goodies and drop the seeds off with my brother in law to handle. He has a cloche thing for seeds before planting out.

There is still plenty of room for more visitors if anybody wants to visit.

Friday - I am hoping IanBMW will fit a coil to the green Range Rover. I also have to move some cars in storage off site.

Saturday - Heidel_Kakao 

Sunday - Slowsilver, Quicksilver and hopefully Andyrew if the MX5 works.

Monday - I now think it will be too cold to want to be at the FoD

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Book you visit to FoD this weekend.

There is also the consideration of course that you could have up to 6 people in one area of the FoD, and another 6 people some 200m away in another bit of the FoD.

... and I don't mean that in a "here's a handy loophole to exploit", just that the FoD is plenty large enough that there could easily be more than one group there.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:59 PM, Talbot said:

There is also the consideration of course that you could have up to 6 people in one area of the FoD, and another 6 people some 200m away in another bit of the FoD.

... and I don't mean that in a "here's a handy loophole to exploit", just that the FoD is plenty large enough that there could easily be more than one group there.

I did run the numbers though my calculator and without the rule of 6 we could accommodate 12,000 people all 2m apart in all directions! :D 

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Book your visit to FoD this weekend.

What started Quiz! Answers at 10PM

Today I had to move some cars around that were in storage and there were 3 not mine that had to be moved. These cars have all been unmoved since last December. The question is what started on the turn off a key, what needed a jump, what was a pain and what never started?

1984 Range Rover

Citroen Visa Cabriolet

E36 BMW 323i Coupe

Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

MGF

Lancia Trevi

Citroen ZX

Lotus Elam M100

IMG_20200213_105458 broad.jpg

IMG_20210402_150220 broad.jpg

IMG_20210402_150312 broad.jpg

IMG_20210402_150359 broad.jpg

IMG_20210402_150329 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - What started Quiz! Answers at 10PM

Answers to what started today

1984 Range Rover – was parked battery disconnected and started with some churning when reconnected

Citroen Visa Cabriolet - started easily with a jump – one flat tyre

E36 BMW 323i Coupe - started easily with a jump

Peugeot 306 Cabriolet - started easily with a jump – two flat tyres

MGF - started easily with a jump

Lancia Trevi – was parked battery disconnected and no amount of churning would get it going and we had to push it around

Citroen ZX – Flat battery and the jump pack was low so would not start. It had upset the alarm and was not keen to jump from a Land Rover. It could have been the alarm we reset that got it going although the immobiliser is keypad and showed green when the number was entered.

Lotus Elan M100 – broken when it went in and still broken 4 months later.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - PM me if you want to visit FoD Sat or Sun
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Today was mainly about the Carlton and it started very well. We added antifreeze, did a few test laps of the field and it drove just fine. Unfortunately it then stated to get hot and pushed water out of the radiator overflow pipe. Checking it had added water to the oil so probably a blown head gasket.

@Andyrew also checked for rust on the driver’s side rear chassis as this was an advisory at the last MOT. The bad news is there is rust the good news it is accessible to repair it.

So this is how it rewarded us for washing it!

IMG_20210404_121236 broad.jpg

IMG_20210404_121242 broad.jpg

IMG_20210404_171415 broad.jpg