Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Today I visited my favourite garage and found Mark's personal Triumph 2000 estate has had its new nearside sill welded on. Lots still to do but as these were the guys who sorted out our Metro, Gamma and Trevi etc I sure it will get done.

Interesting new experience today when I stopped to collect fish and chips from a shop in New Bradwell, Milton Keynes and I was told to go back to my car when I had given my order. I was given a pager to tell me when to comeback.

IMG_20210112_113525 broad.jpg

IMG_20210112_124203 broad.jpg

hnnng (had one of those)

bassa

and flash git (home counties - not a surprise :P )

bassa

hungry now

If its the same as my pioneer, push the volume knob in and scroll to lighting. Set to solid for keys+display

The million colours bit works well as I've had mine in 5 cars and match the colour and contrast to the dash every time! (twiddle knob, push to confirm) Then press the return key and go to display, and turn the background animations off. Fixes it (until the next battery pull, I've got mine down to 2 minutes from reconnecting the battery to having the dab rescanned and the eq set up...) 

2 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

If its the same as my pioneer, push the volume knob in and scroll to lighting. Set to solid for keys+display

The million colours bit works well as I've had mine in 5 cars and match the colour and contrast to the dash every time! (twiddle knob, push to confirm) Then press the return key and go to display, and turn the background animations off. Fixes it (until the next battery pull, I've got mine down to 2 minutes from reconnecting the battery to having the dab rescanned and the eq set up...) 

If only I could visit you.............

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Today I visited my favourite garage and found Mark's personal Triumph 2000 estate has had its new nearside sill welded on. Lots still to do but as these were the guys who sorted out our Metro, Gamma and Trevi etc I sure it will get done.

Interesting new experience today when I stopped to collect fish and chips from a shop in New Bradwell, Milton Keynes and I was told to go back to my car when I had given my order. I was given a pager to tell me when to comeback.

IMG_20210112_113525 broad.jpg

IMG_20210112_124203 broad.jpg

They must be the best estate cars ever made. Just a great combination of style and practicality. Some estates have one or the other but few can pull it off quite like a 2000. The way the rear seat folds into a totally flat floor seems so simple but so many cars don't do it. And that straight six can't be beaten. Never had one unfortunately, plenty of saloons but never an estate. Been in a couple. Probably missed the boat now. 

22 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Clock just needs setting I think, the two holes next to it are time setting buttons. The one on my estate was like that when I bought it. 

It has been a wet day and I have just not managed to alien, motivation, free time and a pen to give that a go.

I also want to know what colour the dash lights are so I can try and match the radio to them.

Black beauty is back!

Fresh MOT after new front shocker, CV boots, MAF and bulb failure warning sorted.

Now we have 7 fully working MOTed, taxed and insured cars on our drive, the question is how we are going to share out the 20 miles per week we are currently driving!

IMG_20210113_142555 broad.jpg

IMG_20210113_142845 broad.jpg

The XM had sat for two weeks and when Mrs6C went to use it it had a dead battery. I have had concerns the battery was at the end of its life so instead of just charging it I decided to put a new battery on the car and then I will know if it goes flat again we have a discharge or charging problem. I will recharge the battery from the car now and then I have a load discharge tester to see how it is.

The problem is the + battery clamp has broken and there are four wires to the terminal. I can not see any terminals on eBay that look a good fit.

IMG_20210117_120644 broad.jpg

16 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

I have ordered the + version of that and will give it a go.

Wanted trailer ramps, has anybody got anything to sell?

Thinking ahead with some optimism that we will be able to play with the cars in the spring I would like to get some proper ramps for Mrs6C's Timmy car trailer. I am thinking they need to about 6 ft (2m) long.

I do have a new hand winch ready to fit.

P1350905 crop.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Wanted trailer ramps, has anybody got anything to sell?

Assuming you want to keep said trailer, and want something that works, it may be much easier/better to make some ramps specifically for it, then have them galvanised.  Probably cost a bit more than some existing ones, but at least they will work properly with the trailer, and will last forever.

3 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Assuming you want to keep said trailer, and want something that works, it may be much easier/better to make some ramps specifically for it, then have them galvanised.  Probably cost a bit more than some existing ones, but at least they will work properly with the trailer, and will last forever.

I have been looking some more and found these for sale at £120. What do you think?

Car ramps.jpg