Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

6 minutes ago, Crackers said:

EFA

TBH im disappointed nobody has tried to point out that Black Betty was a 1930's car* and not a Ford Falcon, in reference to the song LOL

(ahh the Memories from need for speed on the Playstation 2!)

(*I was going to say ford, but I dont actually know! im sure someone can tell me what the car is in the thumbnail!) 

19 minutes ago, Longbridge Apologist said:

Do love those Alfa alloys. 

An estate with a towbar is my sort of wheels!

A car is a car at the end of the day, a means of transport and as pretty as some may be to look at if it doesn’t do what you need it to then it’s no use. Listening to Gordon Murray this week about the new supercar - didn’t discuss power or performance figures ( although it’s a 4litre v12 in a 1000kg car so won’t be slow), but he was keen on showing all the luggage space and low servicing costs and decent mpg. 

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

A car is a car at the end of the day, a means of transport and as pretty as some may be to look at if it doesn’t do what you need it to then it’s no use. Listening to Gordon Murray this week about the new supercar - didn’t discuss power or performance figures ( although it’s a 4litre v12 in a 1000kg car so won’t be slow), but he was keen on showing all the luggage space and low servicing costs and decent mpg. 

Which of the million podcasts/YouTube channels he spoke to did you choose?

(I very much enjoyed him talking to Harry last time with the T.50.)

Thanks to @Slowsilver for his help today setting up the roller at the FoD and being the test pilot for the new mower.

I bought the roller nearly 3 years ago brand new, but it sat in the grass outside so the bolts that I never tightened were quite rusty and needed a clean and WD40. Next was filling it with kiln dried sand not that easy because even with an 80 degree funnel the sand would not flow sideways so we had to up end the roller to get the sand in. We added 80kg but feel we need to add some more weight so I have ordered another 60kg of sand.  The 13HP mower pulled it very easily.

Slowsilver is concerned the steering on the new mower is a bit stiff, but that is for another day.

It was lovely at the FoD today 11° C and hardly any wind, if anybody else wants to come up and work on stuff when the weather is being reasonable then contact me. I can often arrange my diary to get time off during the week.

IMG_20220202_142142 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_142248 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_144429 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_144459 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_151626 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_162556 broad.jpg

26 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thanks to @Slowsilver for his help today setting up the roller at the FoD and being the test pilot for the new mower.

I bought the roller nearly 3 years ago brand new, but it sat in the grass outside so the bolts that I never tightened were quite rusty and needed a clean and WD40. Next was filling it with kiln dried sand not that easy because even with an 80 degree funnel the sand would not flow sideways so we had to up end the roller to get the sand in. We added 80kg but feel we need to add some more weight so I have ordered another 60kg of sand.  The 13HP mower pulled it very easily.

Slowsilver is concerned the steering on the new mower is a bit stiff, but that is for another day.

It was lovely at the FoD today 11° C and hardly any wind, if anybody else wants to come up and work on stuff when the weather is being reasonable then contact me. I can often arrange my diary to get time of during the week.

IMG_20220202_142142 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_142248 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_144429 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_144459 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_151626 broad.jpg

IMG_20220202_162556 broad.jpg

I see the faithful old retainer is forced back onto the land work again. Paid peanuts ( or cashews ).

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

I took the 230TE to a small car gathering in Milton Keynes this morning, it was an absolute joy to take out. I think it just looks great and somehow old Mercedes just suit me so well.

Yes it is a running project but this morning I forgave it its blowing exhaust and all its other issues.

IMG_20220206_101501 broad.jpg