Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Today was another spontaneous FoD day as @richardmorris messaged to say he was available and we needed to move a couple of cars and other things to enable a lorry and crane on site tomorrow.

The Silvers @Slowsilver and @quicksilver also came round to increase the power and speed of the Toledo!

Well done guys thanks a lot.

IMG_20211205_124552 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_124708 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_130511 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_133324 broad.jpg

So the bit @LightBulbFun has been waiting for @Zelandeth small blue box and my small blue box!

Seicento – Model 70

Length 3337mm – 3000mm, 337mm shorter

Width 1508mm – 1370mm, 138mm narrower

Height 1420mm - 1422mm, 2mm higher

Weight 730kg     - 413kg     , 455kg lighter

IMG_20211205_112513 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_112526 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_112539 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_112455 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_112608 broad.jpg

IMG_20211205_110650 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Out in my Seicento
22 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

So the bit @LightBulbFun has been waiting for @Zelandeth small blue box and my small blue box!

Seicento – Model 70

Length 3337mm – 3000mm, 337mm shorter

Width 1508mm – 1370mm, 138mm narrower

Height 1420mm - 1422mm, 2mm higher

Weight 730kg     - 413kg     , 455kg lighter

and what about compared to @Mrs6C's small blue box? or does that not count because it only travels in time and relative dimensions in space and not on the road? :)

PS to be pedantic @Zelandeth's Model 70 is somewhere between 406Kg and 410Kg*, only later Model 70's Post March 1976 are 413Kg/414Kg, the extra weight on the later Model 70's is from chassis reinforcements to comply with EU Crash test standards of the time and the rollover protection bar

*I still dont actually know how Much a Model 70 Mark A weighs exactly! I think its 406Kg and it just got rounded to 410Kg when transferring from the imperial units on the Buff Logbook to the metric units on the new fangled V5 scheme

but I have never been able to verify it for sure (and then theres the Model 70 Mark B's from before March 1976, which have the chassis strengthening but lack the rollover bar so weigh somewhere between the 2, but are again just down as 410Kg on the V5!)

EDIT: I see the photos have been loaded in Lovely to see :) 

(I also like how in the orignial set of photos, of all the cars in the line up, everyone in shot is of course crowded round the Model 70 while Poor Zel probably explains for the 500th time no they are not banned from the road!)

14 hours ago, AxWomble said:

Blimey, is that a Tipo? They’ve grown a bit! Didn’t know they did a crossover but should have expected it…

interior wise it's probably similar to my old citroen C5 although the boot is smaller. Easy enough to get a bike in the back with the seats down anyway. Rear leg-room is better than my Dad's DS4.

17 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

We're all ready now for the barn roof frames to arrive tomorrow.

Here they are, in component form. This lot took about two hours to unload and stack.

Looking forward to watching them being put together to make up the timber frames and roof structure, later on this week.

06-Dec-21 - barn frame arrives.JPG

we are going to be standing around for the grand opening where @Mrs6C will open the doors only to find its already chock full of various chod with no space at all for anyone or anything to go in

and we all turn to  @Six-cylinder sheepishly looking at his feet :mrgreen: "well you know I thought I could make use of the barn before it opens to buy and store some more cars!"

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

we are going to be standing around for the grand opening where @Mrs6C will open the doors only to find its already chock full of various chod with no space at all for anyone or anything to go in

and we all turn to  @Six-cylinder sheepishly looking at his feet :mrgreen: "well you know I thought I could make use of the barn before it opens to buy and store some more cars!"

Yup! Then we'll be sat under the gazebo in the pissing rain up the top and he'say 'you know, we could have another little shelter built up here...' 

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Now back to the idea of off grid power for the welder (&barn)

Screenshot_20211206-154203_Samsung Internet.jpg

depending on the exact plan for Molly the milk-float if its to live in the barn then, that would not be a bad idea, as when the Milk float is not in use its large 60V battery pack would be just the thing to power a beefy inverter to provide mains electricity where needed (need mains power at the opposite end of the field? just drive the milk float there as a giant self propelled battery bank :) )

and some solar panels can then keep it float charged in time between gatherings/trips out in the milk float :) 

11 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

and some solar panels

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to fit all of Molly's roof area with solar panels, to keep her batteries topped up and provide local charging for small items in and around the farm. Teal the trailboat will be getting solar panels in due course to do the same there. I think we can make a lot of use of solar power at the FoD for different things, backed up by a generator.

Thanks very much to @155V6for the lovely model of my Fiat Seicento.

My model collection is based on cars I own and having fallen behind once before now try to purchase a model soon after the real car, but I could not find a Seicento and 155V6 came to the rescue.

IMG_20211206_155831 broad.jpg

4 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Here they are, in component form. This lot took about two hours to unload and stack.

Looking forward to watching them being put together to make up the timber frames and roof structure, later on this week.

06-Dec-21 - barn frame arrives.JPG

I thought they were going against the other barn where we put the (many,  very heavy blocks).

23 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thanks very much to @155V6for the lovely model of my Fiat Seicento.

My model collection is based on cars I own and having fallen behind once before now try to purchase a model soon after the real car, but I could not find a Seicento and 155V6 came to the rescue.

IMG_20211206_155831 broad.jpg

I do have this one, but am loathe to let it go. It’s a very nice 50mm model though and the exact correct model and colour.

E33C7EA0-7873-47F5-9B6C-AC13E5D3902C.jpeg

13 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

I thought they were going against the other barn where we put the (many,  very heavy blocks).

Some of them will be going there, yes! The delivery wagon had to put them all down in this location. The crane will be attending tomorrow and will be moving things around from this stack. The timbers for the cowshed roof will be going onto those heavy blocks alongside the end of the barn, as we're not quite ready to use these yet. The rest of the timbers are for the main barn. They will be put together into 'H' frames and 'A' frames this week and be lifted into place by the crane. The purlins and rafters will be put into place as well, then the main barn will be ready for the gables to be finished and the rest of the roof put in place.

3 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

It wouldn't be a bad idea at all to fit all of Molly's roof area with solar panels, to keep her batteries topped up and provide local charging for small items in and around the farm. Teal the trailboat will be getting solar panels in due course to do the same there. I think we can make a lot of use of solar power at the FoD for different things, backed up by a generator.

https://www.gb-sol.co.uk/products/pvslates/default.htm

Need some stealth solar panels on the barn...