Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

15 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I've just realised I never coughed up any cash for the fish and chips at the last FoD do. Who do I owe?

The court case has already been heard and judge has already passed sentence, 10 years hard labour building a railway or two!

Have this one on us for all your hard work.

10 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Better have them present it to you in a field then to reduce the fire risk!

We’re still working on logistics. Mum is still annoyed I took the mid life crisis merc off to France ten years ago when I last had a birthday ending in 0.

14 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

We’re still working on logistics. Mum is still annoyed I took the mid life crisis merc off to France ten years ago when I last had a birthday ending in 0.

I took the Merc for a short run today just to make sure its oils are circulated etc.

IMG_20220424_171739 broad.jpg

58 minutes ago, catsinthewelder said:

@RichardK Best bring the Spitfire then.

Would that be three bags of Spitfire, or four?

(I haven't updated the thread for a while - winter was offputting - but the bonnet is awaiting someone to help me lift it away and start de-rusting on a trolley in the garden, and the windscreen frame is being carefully removed to ascertain if it can be repaired. With the bonnet out of the way I'll give the engine a poke, but main decision is how to tackle the tub - resisting buying things like "rust free bootlid" until there's there's a boot to lid, and so forth).

I noticed the power steering was creaking on my BMW M3 on lock and decided to check the fluid level. First job was to find the reservoir which turns out to be berried under the  trunking from the Maf to the inlet manifold. Fluid was a little low so I topped it up and took it to my favourite garage for inspection, service and MOT this morning.  

IMG_20220427_103643 broad.jpg

IMG_20220427_103911 broad.jpg

On 25/04/2022 at 10:06, RichardK said:

Really want to get down at some point - but what to bring?

Cruiser might be too terrible even for AS.

It's fine, @hairnetbrings his mum's washing machine usually and it's not mysteriously caught fire yet 👍🔥

I'm a probably for all the dates, if I've got the kids or not

39 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

It's fine, @hairnetbrings his mum's washing machine usually and it's not mysteriously caught fire yet 👍🔥

I'm a probably for all the dates, if I've got the kids or not

i have a choice to use shit vehicles - you do not :P

if i had the choice at the time it wouldnt have been the shit peugeot (aygo in disguise)

Sat down with a calendar now and I have the kids on 14/15, which is excellent as Charlie was whinging about wanting to go to the fod last sunday when I had them.

I also need to give the tent a test assemble to check it's in good health before SF, having last used and seen it at SF_Devon, I feel a plan coming along assuming its not bucketing it down

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I noticed the power steering was creaking on my BMW M3 on lock and decided to check the fluid level. First job was to find the reservoir which turns out to be berried under the  trunking from the Maf to the inlet manifold. Fluid was a little low so I topped it up and took it to my favourite garage for inspection, service and MOT this morning.  

IMG_20220427_103643 broad.jpg

IMG_20220427_103911 broad.jpg

Good luck!

To keep you all up to date the big white whale is back home with a fresh MOT and a new electric aerial that took all the time. I was told the radio was not working and sure enough when I collected the car the radio all lit up but no sound. 3 miles down the road it bust into life at full volume where I had left it! The radio is now working and I will use the car again today so we will see if it keeps working.

The 230TE never made it to the drive as I needed room to get the Ami out last night to take to a small local show.

How would the Ami look with green flames!

IMG_20220427_195134 broad.jpg

IMG_20220427_180039 broad.jpg

IMG_20220427_184615 broad.jpg

IMG_20220427_183818 broad.jpg