Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

The Ami 8 was delivered to me Wednesday, but I have been busy and not able to go and play with it. Today I needed to run a few errands so what better way than in a 47 year old car once the snow was brushed off, you have never driven before.

Perfect, it did everything as asked!

Now there is a small gathering of the Milton Keynes Classic car club tonight, I am feeling it is an excuse to take it out again. @Zelandeth @Slowsilver

This weekend is the Citroen Car Club X rally at Little Horwood near Milton Keynes and I have my BX ready to take but maybe I can find a way to gate crash with the Ami 8 as well.

IMG_20220401_123323 broad.jpg

30 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Oh wow!!! That is lovely!! The Ami is such a great design! I’ve been looking at them a lot lately… this won’t help! 

Not sure why as I think they are quite ugly, but the desire has been there for a number of years.

It is now time to say goodbye to my 2CV.

This evenings event with Milton Keynes Classic Car Club was spoiled by rain and being cold.

The rain did ease off to enable me to lift my bonnet for the first time (yes I hadn't before I bought it), what a lovely site. It is clean and tidy and looks great. 46 miles completed today including coming home in the wet and dark.

Last night I showed a picture of Ami to some rail friends who almost universal disliked it, with one pointing out some cars had a power budge's on the bonnet to emphasize the great engine, my bonnet droops limply over the engine!

IMG_20220401_182551 broad.jpg

IMG_20220401_192014 broad.jpg

IMG_20220401_191835 broad.jpg

Anybody free on Sunday?

We have bought a 40 foot container for the FoD which we hope will be delivered Tuesday. The plan is to site it where the yellow Visa body is opposite the new build barn so we have to move it and some other stuff to position the container.

Our JCB will be out to do the heavy lifting.

We are looking for volunteers to help on Sunday (10th April)

And no the BMW did not come with it!

IMG_20220405_180717 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Let this be a warning to you!