Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Just before Christmas we got our C15 Van MOTed, then it broke down and petered to a halt on the road side. Fortunately for me the garage were driving it at the time so I did not have to walk the mile back to the workshop! They towed it back to the workshop and left it to think about what had done! It turns out it had lost fuel prime and the fuel filter was only half full, they used the van's own fuel bulb pump and it filled the filter and restarted. They tested it some more and it did not happen again. For the MOT it needed a n-s front brake calliper, but as usual on a C15 the brakes are ok, not great.

The C15 is looking a bit sad, but did not need welding this year and we do have a replacement bonnet for it. We have had it 7 years now, total mileage is 213,743 miles.

IMG_20220118_125444 broad.jpg

IMG_20220118_125418 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - In trouble for our C15 making my garage walk!
On 1/18/2022 at 3:55 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Just before Christmas we got our C15 Van MOTed, then it broke down and petered to a halt on the road side. Fortunately for me the garage were driving it at the time so I did not have to walk the mile back to the workshop! They towed it back to the workshop and left it to think about what had done! It turns out it had lost fuel prime and the fuel filter was only half full, they used the van's own fuel bulb pump and it filled the filter and restarted. They tested it some more and it did not happen again. For the MOT it needed a n-s front brake calliper, but as usual on a C15 the brakes are ok, not great.

The C15 is looking a bit sad, but did not need welding this year and we do have a replacement bonnet for it. We have had it 7 years now, total mileage is 213,743 miles.

IMG_20220118_125444 broad.jpg

IMG_20220118_125418 broad.jpg

Original le wheel? Looks tres moderna!

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Incoming!
1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Incoming!

I got through December without buying a car and 20 days of January, BUT now on the 21st January I have collected my first car of 2022.

As it is a well known forum car I don’t think I need to say much about it, just I am in love!

IMG_20220121_160241 broad.jpg

IMG_20220121_170134 broad.jpg

woo the hunch I had last night as to who the merc was going to was correct :) (I mean I should of really figured it out like a week ago but I only finally put 2 and 2 together yesterday LOL)

glad to see you decided to get it in the end! and seize the opportunity to get a 123 as I know you had been going back and forth on it for a while now

I hope it serves you well! :)

W123 or W124 Shape?

All has not gone well with the photoshoot, I took the first shots and decided to move the cars around for a different shot and the W124 had stalled and will not restart. It is partly blocking the entrance and Mrs6C is not in to help me tow it up the drive. Lucky I was on my own or I might have taken them off site and now be broken down away from home with the W124.

I can't hear the fuel pump from the drivers seat when I turn the key, but I am not sure how much noise it makes and know it will only operate for a few seconds. Also I should have switched the radio off so the electric aerial wasn't making a noise.

IMG_20220122_134915 broad.jpg

IMG_20220122_135028 broad.jpg

IMG_20220122_135150 broad.jpg

IMG_20220122_135240 broad.jpg

IMG_20220122_135310 broad.jpg