Jump to content
Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder's Motoring Notes - My involvement was with a green van going North today and a BMW going southwest

Recommended Posts

Next time I'm over can I have a sit in it? It's the only citroen in the mid 90s range I've never tried! And whilst I'm imagining I'll not fit into it terribly well, I can at least tick it off in my head. 

Unless Chris is bringing it to shitefest? In which case I'll have a sit there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Next time I'm over can I have a sit in it? It's the only citroen in the mid 90s range I've never tried! And whilst I'm imagining I'll not fit into it terribly well, I can at least tick it off in my head. 

Unless Chris is bringing it to shitefest? In which case I'll have a sit there! 

You're welcome to have a shot in mine this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I have been in touch with the club who are really the only UK source of spares, they are hopeful but need some time to look them out.

This one may still be languishing somewhere in Hertsmere:

Abandoned Renault 5 & Lancia Gamma

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As already announced in another topic  I now have the replacement cylinder head for the Gamma along with a cam and followers for the other side. My favourite garage still has the car as well as the engine so space will be push them on to get it finished and gone.

IMG_20190611_083903 broad.jpg

IMG_20190611_083833 broad.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we were all enjoying ourselves in Devon at Shitefest 19 the AX has been shedding its lacquer sat on the drive. It was always missing some patches of lacquer but in the rain further large areas of lacquer have lifted and you could see the water under it. I have never seen anything like it!

IMG_20190612_132846 broad.jpg

IMG_20190612_151145 broad.jpg

IMG_20190612_132903 broad.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our MG Metro is currently in a bodyshop having a full repaint, I have been to visit the body shop this morning and they are asking me for decals and the side window weather strips that fit on the doors where the windows lower into it. Anybody know if these items are available and if so where can I buy them?

IMG_20190612_102743 broad.jpg

IMG_20190612_102721 broad.jpg

IMG_20190612_102733 broad.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Our MG Metro is currently in a bodyshop having a full repaint, I have been to visit the body shop this morning and they are asking me for decals and the side window weather strips that fit on the doors where the windows lower into it. Anybody know if these items are available and if so where can I buy them?

IMG_20190612_102743 broad.jpg

IMG_20190612_102721 broad.jpg

IMG_20190612_102733 broad.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153097933956?ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Ftype%3D2%26pub%3D5575403537%26toolid%3D10001%26campid%3D5338343596%26item%3D153097933956%26customid%3Dvms%253Aeb%253Ap%253A153097933956%253BEAIaIQobChMIuY-8htLk4gIVwprVCh3JSgn7EAQYAyABEgIC-_D_BwE%26gclid%3DEAIaIQobChMIuY-8htLk4gIVwprVCh3JSgn7EAQYAyABEgIC-_D_BwE%26srcrot%3D710-53481-19255-0%26rvr_id%3D2005284065162%26rvr_ts%3D4d16f76416b0a8670910d81ffff9ea1d&ul_noapp=true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 6/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, Six-cylinder said:

While we were all enjoying ourselves in Devon at Shitefest 19 the AX has been shedding its lacquer sat on the drive. It was always missing some patches of lacquer but in the rain further large areas of lacquer have lifted and you could see the water under it. I have never seen anything like it!

..all too much reminds me of the tank on my (previously restored*) motorcycle ..whose paint dissolves and wipes off at the first whiff of petrol !  :-x

P1310216.thumb.JPG.977278023ddbf28914365dc99911c815.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anybody wonders what my involvement was with a green van going North today and a BMW going southwest here are the answers.

Ultra Womble found me an engine for the field Honda that needed to come south, I needed to get a Bucketman as I thought I was going to buy a car in Wales today! Well it turns out the best place to get these items is Gloucester Services!

Car buying was a disappointment as like many ebay ads not quite truthful. "Drives  and stops like it should,  so you can jump in and drive home" this was not quite the whole story the car was laid up for many years and some work has been done to recommission it, but when we got there he showed us the new bushes because there was a terrible clunking noise and admitted he had never used the car in the year he had had it. I had my sensible head on and did not consider it suitable for Bucketman to drive 120 miles and could see thousands of pounds of restoration costs ahead. Shame the idea of owning a 1955 MG Magnetta really appealed.

IMG_20190615_132244 broad.jpg

IMG_20190615_184439 broad.jpg

za s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...