Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Momentous day for my Mini Mayfair yesterday, it moved under its own power for the first time in in 25 years

Six-cylinder

On 8/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, Andyrew said:

Sorry to put this here 6's but as FOD peeps are checking in here. 

I've got a load of stuff to bring for people so will pinch a work van. 

Would people be interested in some consumables if I can get some good prices? 

6pk of  blue rolls £10

10pks of cheap common bulbs couple of £3ish

500ml NK brake cleaner £2.50 a can. 

Like the post if so and I'll arrange some stuff.

I don't profit from this but it might help some shitters out!

Is there a separate page for the shopping list or shall I pm you ?

I've just realised this coincides with one of my Saturdays off so I'm free Saturday daytime, wouldn't be able to stay overnight. Only problem is I don't know where it is! Any chance of a PM from somebody who does?

Skoda would enjoy a bit of a run. Also, what sort of time does it all start, don't want to arrive and find everyone asleep, though you wouldn't be asleep long with sound of a rattly pushrod arriving. 

• Like 2

I shall be bringing a Khyam Motordome Classic awning, well thats what it says on the bag, I have never seen one up, I have no idea if it is all there or even waterproof or what size it is, so that could provide some entertainment, feel free to join in ??

Also a spare tent just in case... 

But I'll probably pass out in the back of the Sigma anyway ????????

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

I've just realised this coincides with one of my Saturdays off so I'm free Saturday daytime, wouldn't be able to stay overnight. Only problem is I don't know where it is! Any chance of a PM from somebody who does?

Skoda would enjoy a bit of a run. Also, what sort of time does it all start, don't want to arrive and find everyone asleep, though you wouldn't be asleep long with sound of a rattly pushrod arriving. 

Pm @Six-cylinder and he will tell you. It’s close to Buckingham.

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I have and he did. Should be there most of Saturday ?

Have fun, I won’t be too far away, but at my eldest nieces birthday South of oxford.

Just now, richardmorris said:

Have fun, I won’t be too far away, but at my eldest nieces birthday South of oxford.

Bring her up for a dumper ride!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Not sure if we are talking about safety?

Not safety - this is someone who managed to get a British army land rover stuck in a rainforest in Belize! Told them her 2cv would have got through!

at the moment she would probably shop Anne franc to the Germans for possible infringements. Honestly it’s easier if we just do what she wants.  

1 minute ago, richardmorris said:

Not safety - this is someone who managed to get a British army land rover stuck in a rainforest in Belize! Told them her 2cv would have got through!

at the moment she would probably shop Anne franc to the Germans for possible infringements.

It's an outdoor gathering of less than 30 people!

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

You haven’t met my sister have you.

I don't think that would be wise. If she's married, please pass my condolences to her husband. 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I even have a certificate that says any car owned by or in the custody or control of, but even then.......

Can you add me to your insurance please, I'll try not to break too many of them??

• Haha 1

I'm afraid I most likely won't make the weekend, but I'll do my best to. 

Between the cat theft on the Civic and getting a call after two months that a breaker 205 has finally become available, I might be overstretched this weekend. 

Don't rule me out though, you never know. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now the rain is over for bucks (although it'd a hurricane here in thame atm) how much of a quagmire is the field? Should I lob my wellies in the car? 

I'd best start packing the car too... 

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Now the rain is over for bucks (although it'd a hurricane here in thame atm) how much of a quagmire is the field? Should I lob my wellies in the car? 

I'd best start packing the car too...

Bring Henry Hoover attachments please! I can't find ours, but I would like to finish vacuum cleaning around Dolly's engine bay and especially the ventilation hoses :-)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

Have a good weekend one and all

+1, wish I could come, standing around in fields mumbling at each other is a fundamental cornerstone of British culture ;-)!