Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

5 hours ago, richardmorris said:

I’m at a loose end tomorrow if you want anything doing or moving at the field. Family niece is in quarantine so I can’t visit and the weather looks ok.

My plan for tomorrow starts at 9 am when I leave the house in the Fiat Seicento to meet the guys from the Milton Keynes Classic Club. The Giffard Park Pub in Milton Keynes, MK14 5QN has a large carpark and there will be a small selection of cars to look at. Some of us will start with breakfast at the pub. How long we stay depends how long before we are frozen, but it will be all over before lunchtime.

I have not had an answer from Mrs6C if she is going so there may be a seat in the Seicento or even a squash in the back if she does. Alternatively you would be welcome to come to the house before I leave and take @HMC Mercedes CLK or your E320 Coupe. 

I know Mrs6C plans to go to the FoD tomorrow and I am sure you could be useful helping her.  Bring warm cloths because even the heating in the house is playing up so is not over warm indoors.

If anybody else fancies meeting up in the morning in Milton Keynes then I am sure the MK Modern Classics group will welcome visiting classics. Core time 9.30am - 11.30am. If anybody wants to borrow a car then there is a Mercedes, also a black Alfa 156 V6 that needs exercise.

IMG_20211204_112805 broad.jpg

IMG_20211204_120440 broad.jpg

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

My plan for tomorrow starts at 9 am when I leave the house in the Fiat Seicento to meet the guys from the Milton Keynes Modern Classic group. The Giffard Park Pub in Milton Keynes, MK14 5QN has a large carpark and there will be a small selection of cars to look at. Some of us will start with breakfast at the pub. How long we stay depends how long before we are frozen, but it will be all over before lunchtime.

I have not had an answer from Mrs6C if she is going so there may be a seat in the Seicento or even a squash in the back if she does. Alternatively you would be welcome to come to the house before I leave and take @HMC Mercedes CLK or your E320 Coupe. 

I know Mrs6C plans to go to the FoD tomorrow and I am sure you could be useful helping her.  Bring warm cloths because even the heating in the house is playing up so is not over warm indoors.

If anybody else fancies meeting up in the morning in Milton Keynes then I am sure the MK Modern Classics group will welcome visiting classics. Core time 9.30am - 11.30am. If anybody wants to borrow a car then there is a Mercedes, also a black Alfa 156 V6 that needs exercise.

IMG_20211204_112805 broad.jpg

IMG_20211204_120440 broad.jpg

Hello,  I think your 9am departure is a little earlier than I’d like but keep me updated on FOD work needed.

2 minutes ago, Minimad5 said:

Brilliant field of many motors, just a thought:

Is it not worth throwing down some flagstones (can be had for free off ebay / Facebook marketplace) , saves the cars sinking etc in this horrible weather.

I expected the wish is to keep it s field and not a parking lot ( despite current appearances to the contrary)

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

I’m at a loose end tomorrow if you want anything doing or moving at the field. Family niece is in quarantine so I can’t visit and the weather looks ok.

Mrs6C says on parade at 6am!

Not really, she wants to move a couple of cars and stuff in the yard because we are having the roof timbers delivered Monday and there is going to be a crane on site.  If you come to the house late morning that would be great. 

If anybody else fancies joining in they would be welcome.

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:
4 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

its the Patio he is worried about being put under!

IMG_20210515_123810 broad.jpg

Expand  

She does not know how to dig with the JCB and I am quite large!

I meant to say "its not the patio" Had a brain fart and missed out the "not"! 

(its not the first time thats happened either, normally I noticed and am able to stealthily edit it LOL, but typically I posted the comment and then went off to do something else! so only noticed just now!)

34 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Mrs6C says on parade at 6am!

Not really, she wants to move a couple of cars and stuff in the yard because we are having the roof timbers delivered Monday and there is going to be a crane on site.  If you come to the house late morning that would be great. 

If anybody else fancies joining in they would be welcome.

Ok she’s on. 11am? My first date all year!

Depending how I'm feeling in the morning (and still being awake at 0313 and counting doesn't bode well) I may try to get along to that.

Obviously will have complete decision paralysis about what to take...Jag is the obvious choice as it will move on soon, but it will need fuel first and is filthy.  Merc is even more filthy and half full of junk for a recycling centre run in the week.  Van...well I don't get the impression it's the sort of vehicle there's huge interest in in that group.  Invacar...well it ain't modern is it?  I know nobody in the group well enough to know what's likely to be the best conversation starter.

Do feel I need to try to get to it though... I'm committed (overall national virus situation permitting) to attending a large event in February, so feel I need to start getting past my paranoia of being within half a mile of more than two people. 

5 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Invacar...well it ain't modern is it?  I know nobody in the group well enough to know what's likely to be the best conversation starter.

The Silvers are planning to attend in their Mondeo.

As Mrs6C has said I have plonked, it is the Milton Keynes Classic Car Club not the Modern Classic group. I am still going to take the Seicento as it is my new toy, from a personal point I would love you to take the Invacar so we can photograph our small blue boxes together.

Yes, yes @LightBulbFunI have requested the presence of an Invacar!

19 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Do we know where that video clip was filmed? 

We've got enough of them on the road now across the country to recreate it if it's not been bulldozed by now surely!

I made the GIF from this video here :) (Page 64 of my thread) im not entirely sure where it was shot geographically but im sure someone with better geography then me etc can figure it out!

On 04/08/2019 at 23:37, LightBulbFun said:

yay another new reg block to add to the ever growing list :) 

image.thumb.png.9c4e166c40e993e982c6c9378b2301e5.png

had a pleasant surprise that when I looked up BPU903L that It had survived until 2003! so I was able to pull a chassis number for the BPU-L block right away :) saving me a lot of time since I did not have to go through the entire block to find one whos chassis number I can pull, but turns out that would not have really been a problem in this case as...

like AOO-L the BPU-L block is unusually short, at 35 cars I think in this case, (not quite the shortest block that honour goes to the VPG-S block from VPG243-269S), I think the block is from BPU900L to BPU934L (or BPU901L to BPU935L)

heres the video its from https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-invalid-carriage-1976-online

I have seen this video but that was in the early days of this thread, so I was double checking it just now, and happy I did :) 

(its interesting to note the guys concern about losing his adapted Mini and I never really thought about that but yeah I guess the adapted normal cars that where issued by the government would of been looked after by the invalid vehicle service like invacars where, so would've also been taken away from their users when the invalid vehicle service closed)

another GIF/scene id like to recreate as you say since we have more then enough Model 70's on the forum now! is this one :)

freegifmaker.me_2eGbw.gif

1 minute ago, LightBulbFun said:

I made the GIF from this video here :) (Page 64 of my thread) im not entirely sure where it was shot geographically but im sure someone with better geography then me etc can figure it out!

another GIF/scene id like to recreate as you say since we have more then enough Model 70's on the forum now! is this one :)

freegifmaker.me_2eGbw.gif

That needs to happen! 😅