Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

8 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

We have moved the C15 and Milk float. Just starting on the Herald and Charlton. 

so go on then! how many AA's did it take in the end to get the milk float moving? :) 

I still really want to get a few car batteries together and have a bash at getting it moving! even just say 3 at 36V should be enough to get some signs of life out of it! 

(just like how a 240V lightbulb will still light up albeit dimly on 120V)

Today went well and we even had sunshine.

We began well with the C15 that started easily without even having to jump it, to move it out of the way.

Next was the milkfloat that needed towing out of the way as @LightBulbFunhad not supplied us with enough U2 batteries to get it going by itself. It seemed rather stuck but resistance was futile

Chaseracer and my son made friends with the  FoD residents. 

The Herald was light enough to push onto the roadway, but the Carlton got a tow to get it closer.

Custard the Mk1 Cavalier is on the road mat awaiting collection as the yard is due to have a crane the week after next in it.

Now what were they saying about Invacars!

IMG_20211128_140313 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_135709 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_140807 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_142305 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_143635 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_143300 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_145328 broad.jpg

10 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

IMG_20211128_140313 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_135709 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_140807 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_142305 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_143635 broad.jpg

IMG_20211128_145328 broad.jpg

1. beast

2. no dave you cant go home in the rangie (it would break)

3. you really are a horses arse

4. less rusty than daves berlingo

5. YESSSSS

6. HNNNNGGGGGGGG

7. its plastic scrap man would say no (nice hat) (was dave hovering cos there were snacks in the bag :P )

*runs away for comment 7

6 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

That mk1 Cav looks so good on the rostyles and with some decent sidewall. My memory fails me - which models were they available on? My parents neighbour back in the 1980s had an M plate early 70s Kadett sat on similar. It always looked bloody lovely. 

I still have a soft spot for mk1 Cavaliers. Back in the mid 90s I borrowed my bosses end-of-life mk1 Cav KPC981W a few times to cruise around with my then girlfriend. It permanently ran on three because of valve issues I believe. It was still really solid and surprisingly pleasant place to be, despite the missing horses. When I finished borrowing it, it sat for a few weeks. I was then asked to drive it into the bottom workshop for it's final journey. The meathead who ran the 'shop promptly proceeded to batter the engine and bodywork with his lump hammer 'for fun'. He then dragged it onto his trailer and weighed it in that afternoon. 

I really felt sorry for the old girl. It was inevitable I'd end up choosing older cars to fix up as my dailies...

2 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

That mk1 Cav looks so good on the rostyles and with some decent sidewall. My memory fails me - which models were they available on? My parents neighbour back in the 1980s had an M plate early 70s Kadett sat on similar. It always looked bloody lovely.

From memory, Opel wheels had black painted insets like Ford/Rover/Jensen Rostyle wheels and Vauxhall were silver, usually with a nice stainless trim ring that made them look deeper dished. My first car was a '77 R reg 1.9 GL with that combination.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes
9 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

I thought for a moment with the power lines and the branches poking into the top of the shot 

that you had gotten inspired by recent posts in the Bus shite thread and setup your own trolleybus system! LOL

They already have some rails, IIRC?

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Our past history:

XJ6 - very broken

Renault 11 - slightly broken

Renault Clio - fixed in transit 

Are you trying to tell me something about my next car!:D

Well, I've currently got the head off my Morris 1300 as I'm doing the valve stem seals.  Hopefully it doesn't progress from Project to Broken - contact six-cyl.  But you've probably got enough BL bilge already!

4 minutes ago, RobT said:

Well, I've currently got the head off my Morris 1300 as I'm doing the valve stem seals.  Hopefully it doesn't progress from Project to Broken - contact six-cyl.  But you've probably got enough BL bilge already!

My dad had a brand new Morris 1100 in 1963, maybe its my turn!

Morris 1100 01 a.jpg