Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

I have a walking route planned for Sunday morning. About 8km. 
tent, sleeping Matt will fit in the boot, parasol may need to go in the passenger side. Bag and cool box and tools in the front.

what time Saturday? I need to do some food shopping first.

IMG_0424.jpeg

I will go up there about 10am, but there will happy campers overnight so arrive when you like.

2 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Might pop down tomorrow, is anyone going to be bringing a decent obd diag that will diagnose the faulty parking sensors on my s203?

I just took the Delphi out of the van before I left 😑

2 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Might pop down tomorrow, is anyone going to be bringing a decent obd diag that will diagnose the faulty parking sensors on my s203?

If they are the ultrasonic type as used on S210 and other Mercs of the era, you need to use the victorian method of employing a young child to do the work for you.

No really.  Apparently you (well, not you, but a small child) can usually hear which sensors are working and which aren't.  When you engage the park sensors they should emit an ultrasonic pulse, which is just about audible.  When you find the silent one, that's the dead one.

3 hours ago, Talbot said:

If they are the ultrasonic type as used on S210 and other Mercs of the era, you need to use the victorian method of employing a young child to do the work for you.

No really.  Apparently you (well, not you, but a small child) can usually hear which sensors are working and which aren't.  When you engage the park sensors they should emit an ultrasonic pulse, which is just about audible.  When you find the silent one, that's the dead one.

if its just within audible range, would a spectrum analyser type app on one of them new fangled smartphones pick it up I wonder?

(I know Microphones can pickup the 15Khz whine from an old CRT telly!)

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Don't suppose you fancy Shitelying a dead moped down do you? 😁

4 hours ago, Floatylight said:

If I'd still got the c4 gp wouldn't  have been a problem, probably not so good in a c class, speak to @chaseracerif he's coming down in the blingo 

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Cheers.  Comfysofa mentioned that when she bought it she fitted it into the back of a K12 Micra so should fit in the Blingo easily - possibly not in the Dyane though if it's already full of camping gear...

Sorry chaps, the Bling's full of winter wheels for @barrett!

3 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Sigh....

M6J10

20230527_105138.jpg

lol they just mentioned that on the traffic

m5 m25 m3 all phucked too

2 wheels baby

for some strange reason yesterday the m60 sign were telling us of m6 90 min delay at jct 39 which from oldham is more than 100 miles  (its penrith)

WTF??