Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

6 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

In shock news Six-cylinder sells a car! 

Bought last December to try a Beetle out and I found it lovely, but I just can't keep everything. When an interest was expressed in it I let it go. It is staying on the Forum, but you will have to wait for the new owner to reveal themselves.

oh no ceri bought it 🤣

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

SHITELY REQUEST...

I have bought a tent from Decathlon in Stockport and was aiming to collect today.  Due to a grievance appeal hearing over-running I was unable to do that, and @alcyonecorporation (who lives just around the corner) has very kindly agreed to pick it up for me this evening.  

Would anyone from THE NORTH visiting the FoD on Saturday be able to collect it from Jon and bring it down?  Thanks 🙂

How far The North(tm)? I'm going north from me to Peterborough Thursday... 

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

SHITELY REQUEST...

I have bought a tent from Decathlon in Stockport and was aiming to collect today.  Due to a grievance appeal hearing over-running I was unable to do that, and @alcyonecorporation (who lives just around the corner) has very kindly agreed to pick it up for me this evening.  

Would anyone from THE NORTH visiting the FoD on Saturday be able to collect it from Jon and bring it down?  Thanks 🙂

If a longer timescale is ok I may be able to help ;)

Put me down for the custard Cavalier fettling. I love a Mk1 Cavalier.

Am I correct in assuming @Andyrew used to own the ‘87 Carlton? I’m sure he will be all over that. 

Due to the increasingly pessimistic and murky weather forecast I am 99% likely to be coming in the Jag. I still need to book somewhere to stay for Saturday night!

25 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Put me down for the custard Cavalier fettling. I love a Mk1 Cavalier.

Am I correct in assuming @Andyrew used to own the ‘87 Carlton? I’m sure he will be all over that. 

Due to the increasingly pessimistic and murky weather forecast I am 99% likely to be coming in the Jag. I still need to book somewhere to stay for Saturday night!

Yes the Carlton Saloon was once Andyrew's

On 8/11/2021 at 11:20 PM, Slowsilver said:

I saw the current title of this thread and thought I would take the opportunity to temporarily augment the Vauxhall collection with my modern*. It's only 22 years old and I have only owned it for 19 of them. The Maxi is alive and well but sulking in the garage as it now has to compete with the Mondeo for attention.

I wish you hadn't mentioned the Maxi. I got it out of the garage yesterday and it has been crying brake fluid all over the floor behind the nearside rear wheel. Looks like new rear brake cylinders are required. Hopefully the brake linings will be salvageable as they are fairly new.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - 21/22 August Field of Dreams weekend, just 4 days to go!

Live breakdown! 

Iam currently sat on the side of the road waiting for the Carlton to cool down. 

I got it out of storage this morning and left it running while pumping up the tyres. A water hose blew off, I refitted the hose and topped up the radiator, all seemed well. 

I have driven 4 miles and the temp gauge went up over 90 so I stopped. Engine  is very hot, but the radiator is cold. 

I am 2 miles from home so if it will restart I hope to drive it the last bit to home. 

IMG_20210819_114315.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - live breakdown!
8 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Live breakdown! 

Iam currently sat on the side of the road waiting for the Carlton to cool down. 

I got it out of storage this morning and left it running while pumping up the tyres. A water hose blew off, I refitted the hose and topped up the radiator, all seemed well. 

I have driven 4 miles and the temp gauge went up over 90 so I stopped. Engine  is very hot, but the radiator is cold. 

I am 2 miles from home so if it will restart I hope to drive it the last bit to home. 

IMG_20210819_114315.jpg

What a bleak and depressing back drop for a breakdown!  Hope you get it sorted ok

I am home now.

Absolutely no help from the RAC after 2 hours, just text messages to say they are too busy to attend to me.

All the thanks to Slowsilver who turned out at zero notice. Then allowed me to tow him in the Carlton at reckless speeds with him having no ability to slow me down even if he wanted too!

It was decided not to punish the Zafira  and we put my Chelsea tractor to work instead. I think I heard it complaining it needed a pampering full valet after that activity.

I hope we can get the Carlton going where it is or if not a quick tow to the FoD over the weekend.

Once again BIG Thanks to @Slowsilver

IMG_20210819_131555 broad.jpg

IMG_20210819_134827 broad.jpg

IMG_20210819_134701 broad.jpg

IMG_20210819_140137 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - live breakdown, I am home now no thanks to the RAC, but all the thanks to an Autoshite member.