Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder's Motoring Notes - Free camping for all Shiters next weekend (19/20/21 July)

13 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

We hope it is just a matter of filling in the form and paying the lost V5C fee as it comes up on the DVLA database.

Oh Marvellous. That is massively advantageous!

13 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

We hope it is just a matter of filling in the form and paying the lost V5C fee as it comes up on the DVLA database.

Oh Marvellous. That is massively advantageous!

26 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

Certainly looks far better than the "parts car" I imagined. Look forward to see them both returned to the road.

its certainly much better then I was initially expecting when I was told over the phone that a shed burned down next to it

I was expecting 1 side to be all burnt and melted, but no just paint damage mostly and some slightly melted rubber seals 

and it was running and driving at 1 point in time, the owners son used to drive it round a paddock IIRC

(we know it runs from a jam jar, hopefully it moves, it currently does not have a fuel tank!)

19 minutes ago, egg said:

Well it's true this forum probably owns more running Invacars than anyone else 😁 

I was thinking that! :mrgreen:

15 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

indeed since I figured out the registration no and it does show up on the DVLA checker no problem

its just a case of filling out a V62 as normal, been there done that with MPH759P! :)

14 minutes ago, quicksilver said:

The only obvious missing part is one of the rear light lenses so it doesn't appear to have ever actually been used as a spares donor. It must have been in pretty good shape before the fire as there is very little bodywork damage apart from that caused by the fire.  

Burnt fibreglass has an amazing* patina

invacar11.thumb.jpg.97176b70bb02eaa51f2e4a7525dc4c9b.jpg

And there's a couple of patches on the roof where the gelcoat has burnt away completely to expose raw fibreglass

invacar12.thumb.jpg.5dcfa5fa7e8c75a52818ae0e2dc2869c.jpg

its interesting how the roof took the most damage, I wonder if a burning bit of shed landed on the roof or something?

nothing a bit of that fibreglass stuff @Zelandeth uses and some filler wont sort tho :) 

11 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

ANOTHER another Invacar.

Oh good. 

Dolly

then Zel

then Oli E

then me

then LBF

then Mrs 6

= 6.

Total known AC/Invacars (model 70 and Mk12) = 120-130. 

We have a long way to go 😂

Bornite, you are going to have to get a Tippen Delta!

31 minutes ago, egg said:

Dolly

then Zel

then Oli E

then me

then LBF

then Mrs 6

= 6.

We have a long way to go 😂

Bornite, you are going to have to get a Tippen Delta!

Is that more Invacars than the collective membership of the ICR?

43 minutes ago, egg said:

OPH868R is I THINK the 80th known Surviving Model 70 :) 

(i think stuart has been aware of it for a few years now, he was never able to get any info on her until now so im not sure how he included her in his lists until now)

with 37 Known surviving Mk12s (XWC468F being the 37th :) )  

that makes for a total of 117 :) IIRC theres a total of about 330 known surviving Invalid vehicles of one form or another (including that Mk10 Factory scale prototype toy thingy :D )

a fun thing for me is despite REV451R and OPH868R coming to the seller from 2 completely separate sources, its fun to note they where both registered in November 1976 :)

11 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is that more Invacars than the collective membership of the ICR?

despite them being a registered with the DVLA car club/register i dont think theres any way to Join them or anything sadly :( 

but they (well simon) own a Tippen Delta, 7 Mk12s and 2 Model 70's (VPF441M and PPC363R ) AFAIK

(plus a few other earlier villiers machines etc)

2 hours ago, GrumpyCat said:

Excellent news. I notice the engine cover is not in the pictures, I'd assumed this was missing too.

The engine cover is all present and correct. It was put inside the cabin for the collection as it wasn't bolted to the hinges and we didn't want it to escape en route! It was then left off during the Maxi towing manouvres...

Just now, GrumpyCat said:

Ah, I hoped that was the case. What are the plans for the fuel tank, is it actually missing or just not fitted?

It's actually in situ currently but it has rusted through around the filler neck, so needs a decent repair or I must source another tank. Zel had a new one made for his, so there are options...