Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

I have not been brave enough to take the Toledo 4 door out for a drive yet after all the initial problems of it cutting out and not restarting without a short rest. Now each time I go to the FoD I start it and run it round the the field with no problem.

I am hoping we can improve the Toledo 4 door in a few different ways so I can start using it.

• Check legals and levels
  • Test drive it with shadow car and tow rope
  • Refit front interior door panels
  • Temp gauge does not work and fuel gauge sometimes stops working and then returns
  • Paint bonnet Damson

IMG_20220626_164708 broad.jpg

IMG_20220626_164506 broad.jpg

z Todeo 4 door check June 2022.jpg

Wanted timber for shelves

I am erecting some shelving in our new container for the storage of car parts and we have bought used heavy duty metal uprights and cross bars. The shelves are 900mm deep and 1500mm wide.

I have looked into buying proper shelves and plywood sheets and they are prohibitively expensive in the quantity we need. The shelves need to be strong and I am thinking at least 18mm thick. I don’t think chip board or composite material will work well in an unheated environment with a 900mm span. I am planning to use reclaimed timber from pallets. The pallet timber are only 75mm wide on average so I will need lots of them.

Does anybody have any timber they want gone out of the way?

Shelves 04.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD opening 2/3 July - Wanted timber for Shelving
On 6/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, Crackers said:

Funny you mention it. I believe they are exempt from pretty much everything everywhere, and because they accelerate quite well for their size, they seem to do surprisingly well in cities as long as you have a steersman who's well and truly on the ball. 

A decent road engine will do 12-15mph in high gear flat out and the average speed of London traffic isn't much more than that, so you can do stuff like this:

Definitely something I'd love to have a go at. 

No need to worry about traffic, keep going and people will soon move out of the way, either that or they get pushed/squashed

7 hours ago, hairnet said:

that last pic - ace apart from the bl wagon :P

I agree it absolutely ruins that picture.

BUT when you have to queueing on a dark, wet, winters Friday night on the M25 there is no better car to do it in. 

Also it is the only one that can pull a 2 ton boat out of the water up a steep slippery ramp with ease and control!

It is a thought though, in summer maybe it should live in the storage shed and a Sovereign could live on the drive instead.

IMG_20200705_173008 broad.jpg

mindlessly scrolling through facebook, had to double up and look again, @Six-cylinder yer famous? LOL

image.thumb.png.e3ca6cec250f62864bd069a6803a635f.png

I like how facebook is learning to suggest Autoshite to me basically, says a lot about what I do with my facebook account I guess LOL

"you didn't click on any of the fast car posts we suggested, so heres a Citroen Visa jump starting an E type"

https://www.facebook.com/PracticalClassics/photos/a.268875403130754/5607660469252194/

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I agree it absolutely ruins that picture. - you dis it you own it :D

BUT when you have to queueing on a dark, wet, winters Friday night on the M25 there is no better car to do it in. fair enuff

Also it is the only one that can pull a 2 ton boat out of the water up a steep slippery ramp with ease and control! - ooer missus

It is a thought though, in summer maybe it should live in the storage shed and a Sovereign could live on the drive instead.

park something you wanna stroke there instead so evenrytime you walk past it its

ahhhhhh.................................

9 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I agree it absolutely ruins that picture.

BUT when you have to queueing on a dark, wet, winters Friday night on the M25 there is no better car to do it in. 

Also it is the only one that can pull a 2 ton boat out of the water up a steep slippery ramp with ease and control!

IMG_20200705_173008 broad.jpg

You'd save a fortune by only taxing it for 6 months but I'd imagine if it gets the shit with being stored it'll light its dash up like a Christmas tree in a tantrum 😂🎄