Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

Next weekend is our FoD open weekend, I am hopping it will not get lost in the Jubilee celebrations.

Friday I have 5 cars going to a local village display of British cars for sale while our Queen has been on the throne. I then the plan is to bring them to the FoD for the weekend before enlisting help to get them put away in storage.

• 1966 Jaguar E-Type 4.2 FHC
  • 1970 Triumph Vitesse 2Ltr Convertible
  • 1972 MGB GT
  • 1973 Daimler Sovereign 4.2
  • 1984 MG Metro

Yesterday once again @Slowsilver helped preparing the site with grass cutting.

For the eagle eyed Mrs6C is hoping to have track down for our miniature ride-on railway.

IMG_20220527_145034 broad.jpg

IMG_20220527_170529 broad.jpg

Tomorrow is Free the Vitesse day! (Sunday 29th May)

We hope to start the Peugeot 504 Cabriolet and move it out of the garage so the Viteese which has not been started for nearly 2 years can be released into the wild.

There will be a heap of things to move to the FoD using our W123 Mercedes.

If you would like to train as a removal man witness this spectacle PM me for my address.

IMG_20220527_202416 broad.jpg

Field of Dreams 4-5 June 2022

If you have not been before, come and visit. Sit in the field and drink tea with the others or rebuild a Bedford CF by Saturday night in time to collect the Fish and Chip for everyone! As much or as little activity as you like.  

Bring your own stuff to work on or work on our projects.

Free camping.

Dogs and children welcome.

PM for map etc.

P1180535 broad.jpg

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I then the plan is to bring them to the FoD for the weekend before enlisting help to get them put away in storage.

• 1972 MGB GT
  • 1984 MG Metro

I'm sure I could be persuaded to help out with that...  :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Next weekend is our FoD open weekend, I am hopping it will not get lost in the Jubilee celebrations.

Friday I have 5 cars going to a local village display of British cars for sale while our Queen has been on the throne. I then the plan is to bring them to the FoD for the weekend before enlisting help to get them put away in storage.

• 1972 MGB GT
  • 1984 MG Metro

Yesterday once again @Slowsilver helped preparing the site with grass cutting.

For the eagle eyed Mrs6C is hoping to have track down for our miniature ride-on railway.

IMG_20220527_145034 broad.jpg

IMG_20220527_170529 broad.jpg

Hope you don't sell them all 😲

3 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

That's you pedalling the bike then with me on the luggage rack for the return journey! 😁

and suddenly from Wallace and Gromit a matter of loaf and death

im picturing the scene when Wallace first meets the lady on her bicycle LOL

Free The Vitesse Day!

TSSC members turned out today to help me get out my Vitesse.

It had been in the garage for 2 years but there was only one car in front of it so why did it take most of the day to get it out. Over the Covid years many things were placed around the cars and needed moving. We filled a large W123 Mercedes estate, Range Rover and had stuff in a BMW X1 and Citroen ZX Estate. That was just the stuff directly in the path of the cars ignoring the peripheral stuff.

The Peugeot was difficult to start and did not run well but we did drive it out of the garage.

Now for the main event, the Vitesse. Unfortunately in spite of removing brake drums and bleeding we could not get the brakes to have a useable pedal. The conclusion is the master cylinder is corroded and I have ordered a new one. It started reasonably wel, run a bit rough until warm and we did take it down the drive, but not on the road.

Lunch was Pizza and then we moved the packed cars and the TSSC team set about levelling our container.

Last man standing after a tiring day sped away in a Spitfire.

IMG_20220529_092406 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_135953 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_131357 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_120921 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_121333 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_124158 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_135810 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_142223 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_164241 broad.jpg

IMG_20220529_184705 broad.jpg

43 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

There's a 103 in there somewhere too...

Oh yes.

Panhard65 found a crankshaft in France and changed it for me. The threads where the generator fits were wasted away on mine and then he got it going. There are a few small jobs left to do such as fitting small fuel hose so the cover can fit back on and then it is ready to ride. This is not a field bike and I am planning to go out with 30 other old Cogger's in yellow vests followed by a Transit van to collect the breakdowns (Autocycle or rider)!

IMG_20220529_131433 broad.jpg

5 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

This is not a field bike and I am planning to go out with 30 other old Cogger's in yellow vests followed by a Transit van to collect the breakdowns (Autocycle or rider)!

when is this and would a postie be ok :D

On 5/28/2022 at 3:21 PM, Six-cylinder said:

That just needs a baked bean can opened out, Gum-Gum and a few twisted of wire round it, says my student self!

Last did that in about 1997 for the 2cv which my sister had at imperial college - me on the ground in white shirt and suit trousers with a baked bean tin and two jubilee clamps.

21 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

All in way of saying I could come up and visit. I’ve been out of WiFi in the lakes this weekend so can you refresh the info on visiting dates?

The Program for the next few days is Thursday Afternoon (2nd June) @AnthonyG and @Slowsilver are going to help me get my cars for the Friday display at Thornborough to the village.

We will spend Friday (3rd June) including any of my helpers that want to, at the village events. Schedule listed in photo.

We then need to move the cars to the FoD Friday night/Sat morning in the first instance and Sunday afternoon back to storage.

Normal "Field of Dreams" starts at 10am Saturday (4th June). Anybody wanting to Camp at the FoD Friday night is welcome just PM me to arrange entry.

Egg and Spoon race anybody!

IMG_20220530_123816 broad.jpg

13 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I thought yours was a big butch bike with well over 100cc?

I belong to the National Autocycle and Cyclemotor Club where 32cc is normal and us 49cc are the big boys.

Buzzing 03.jpg

I have a Cyclemaster engine, it was my Father's. I don't know if he ever used it, he did have a Norman Nippy for commuting to work that broke in half so may have been.