Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

Another car gathering tonight, this time with the MK Modern Classics group. A good evening event and although it was only 8 1/2 miles from where I was yesterday a completely different set of cars.

Everyday is a learning day, I have owned W124 Mercedes for over 20 years and until tonight I never knew if you pull out the backrest adjustment knob it height adjusts the headrests instead. Thanks fellow W124 owner.

Lovely run home to finish the evening.

IMG_20220428_183518 broad.jpg

IMG_20220428_191457 broad.jpg

IMG_20220428_193544 broad.jpg

IMG_20220428_202430 broad.jpg

Yesterday  we were informed our container had finally been separated from the tree that had spent 20 years growing round its chassis. We went to check it over and our vehicle of choice including some motorway running was our Ami. No not an electric one but the powerful 602cc Twin!

The Ami tried to look tuff in the lorry park and tow the container home, but no progress was made!

IMG_20220502_190313 broad.jpg

IMG_20220502_190045 broad.jpg

IMG_20220502_191240 broad.jpg

IMG_20220502_191203 broad.jpg

12 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Yesterday  we were informed our container had finally been separated from the tree that had spent 20 years growing round its chassis. 

Shelves to display our fine china collection!

Blue porcelain? I’ve just been reading John Le carre’s last novel where it plays a role. Not his best but he was on his way out I suppose.

Decision Made, Sunshine will be provided! FoD opening 14/15 May.

I have been debating as to weather I should open the FoD for the 14/15 May as well as the 4/5 June and having seen the weather forecast I will open both dates. The proposed patronage seemed to be slit with no obvious all can make it weekend.

z BBC Weather.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Decision Made, Sunshine will be provided! FoD opening 14/15 May.

As soon as I told Eva that I wanted to get the tent up she asked about sleeping over... I'm not sure though, could do 🤔

@Slowsilver will the grass be cut by then? I could pitch up at the end of the field in the Vauxhall suite

Or granny can have them to sleep over and I can nip out to get some beers and sleep on my own 😂

The tent wants to come out before shitefest anyhow, the last time I saw it was in Devon and that was a while ago now. Canvas gets stored in the house though so I'm not too worried