Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - I am having a Ford Day!

Six-cylinder

27 minutes ago, RobT said:

It would appear so.  Just glad to see it's been fixed!

To early to tell but the signs are good. I had bought the carb kit and gaskets were replaced, the choke mechanism made more secure. It cut out on the first test run, but we had sent IanBMW to follow it with a tow rope and Land Rover so it did restart. Further test drives along with the 4 mile chip shop run were successful. 

IMG_20200711_164814 broad.jpg

IMG_20200711_172527 broad.jpg

My intention is to be dropping by probably around 1400 all being well.  Won't be able to stay long but even a brief appearance to actually say hello to someone aside from the occasional pharmacist will be really nice.

Still not 100% sure which car I'll bring but most likely will be the Jag.  I think until I've got the hub properly sorted (or at least proven over more than four miles) it makes sense to keep TPA on local duties and on a reduced speed limit, and I'd rather not end up with half the population of Buckinghamshire stuck in a queue behind me.

Next time one of these rolls around I really should bring the van and just stay over, it's been forever since I did anything like that.

We are home with a few adventures en-route.  The ropey serpintine belt snapped about a mile from the field so we decided not to pit stop anywhere.  Passed a Saab A framing a really rough looking Rover P6 up the M40, anyone we know?  Around the top of the M40 the cassette player started to go odd so that went off as did the blowers to save precious electrons.  6 miles from home the road was closed with a long diversion signposted, fortunately I knew the route through the housing estate.  We got home, unloaded the car with the engine running and I took it round the back.  On the alley just 40 metres short of its parking space I pressed the button to put the electric windows back up and the engine cut out,  I had a fully charged one in the shed so that didn't stop it for long.

Many many thanks to Chris and Claire for a wonderful weekend and everybody else who came too.  Its been fantastic despite the slight* hangover.  Hope the kittens weren't too irritating.

PS has anyone seen a white and blue bicycle helmet?

We are home with a few adventures en-route.  The ropey serpintine belt snapped about a mile from the field so we decided not to pit stop anywhere.  Passed a Saab A framing a really rough looking Rover P6 up the M40, anyone we know?  Around the top of the M40 the cassette player started to go odd so that went off as did the blowers to save precious electrons.  6 miles from home the road was closed with a long diversion signposted, fortunately I knew the route through the housing estate.  We got home, unloaded the car with the engine running and I took it round the back.  On the alley just 40 metres short of its parking space I pressed the button to put the electric windows back up and the engine cut out,  I had a fully charged one in the shed so that didn't stop it for long.
Many many thanks to Chris and Claire for a wonderful weekend and everybody else who came too.  Its been fantastic despite the slight* hangover.  Hope the kittens weren't too irritating.

PS has anyone seen a white and blue bicycle helmet?
Yep..

Also a reddish zip up top??

Shall I bring it up to Stafford?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

We are all home now, although I've left something important at bloody mums so I've got to go back at some point! 

I only took one photo, here it is... 

20200712_151941.thumb.jpg.9e4f11bbb5bb1af313bf46bb34ce20ba.jpg

The highlight of it all has been to talk to people in real life again, who aren't related to me, my ex or work colleagues! 

Still reckon that the R11 has some of the classiest dash indicator lights of the era.  The fully lit symbol on the dimmer background just pleases me.

IMG_20200712_155835.thumb.jpg.a91a8cab8259b607bbaa4f14a8243e0e.jpg

Sorry I couldn't stick around too long today, was really nice to catch up with folks though.

Still wish I had space for this...

IMG_20200712_152203.thumb.jpg.4c9ef5453bdfa8dbc63ea113c2721af6.jpg

Never really appreciated quite how much stuff they stripped out the base (TC) trim level spac until looking closer at it, the TC even had to make do with flat vinyl door cards.  Still miss it though...even though it was alarmingly easy to provoke a 4-wheel drift on the skinny 155 section tyres I had...