Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

10 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Obviously I am now planning on coming up in the morning, will bring the tool kits and crimp set if I remember. Will need to leave late afternoon though to get to oxford for dinner. Anyone going to be there who needs two 2cv wheels and Toyo tyres or a slightly broken x1/9 exhaust?

Darn… could actually do with a couple of 2CV wheels (my back ones are going a bit rusty)… but I’m not going to be there… 

Assisted @Slowsilver‘s investigation of the green RR woes. It turns over well but doesn’t fire. We found no spark. He took the distributor apart but all seems clean. But we couldn’t get a spark from the king lead to earth. Cleaned up a couple of Earth contacts to verify but nothing. The coil was new and @Slowsilver checked the connections but no dice. I found the original coil in the footwell and we tried that too ( the primary ohms were a bit different ) but still no spark. We checked the voltages on turnover. 12v with the ignition on and about 9.5 when cranking. So we are stumped ( well @Slowsilveris, I just agree!). It looks like the ignition module distributor thing could be faulty. 

7 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Would far rather have been over there than messing about chopping trees down in our garden.

Not entirely sure what tomorrow holds, but if the opportunity arises I'll try to drop by. 

Have I missed the opportunity to get the CF going yet? 

I didn’t even bother checking the antifreeze on it. I assumed it was a static exhibition!

( I did check the antifreeze on the other static vehicles - red, blue and none!). I even took notes and gave @Six-cylinder a two-page list.

25 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Good to see folk. Sorry I had to dash off. Now at Chez Trigger.

Enjoyed the GS/GSA comparison.IMG_20210918_120828.thumb.jpg.6666b832f7f4b5dd6f829b82add376a8.jpg

And the XJ6/GS comparison.

IMG_20210918_115622.thumb.jpg.e0af17b0f76acafe79c074b8160afcb7.jpg

In the voice of David Attenborough- Here we see the early Daimler in its natural habitat of the filling station. Getting its daily allowance of hydrocarbons.

26 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Good to see folk. Sorry I had to dash off. Now at Chez Trigger.

Enjoyed the GS/GSA comparison.IMG_20210918_120828.thumb.jpg.6666b832f7f4b5dd6f829b82add376a8.jpg

*cries into jambon and fronage sandwich (crocque monsieur mais oui)

4 times ive been in the presence of this car and ive never sat in it or had a go in it

*THROWS TOYS FROM PRAM