Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

2 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

Any tips on what to bring along?Am guessing a chair come in handy.

Bring a mug for your tea/coffee and whatever you'd like to eat for your lunch/breakfast/etc.  We have plenty of chairs and provide fresh water and the means to make hot drinks, also there are usually some snacks like crisps and biscuits. On the Saturday evening, dinner is usually a take-out from the fish and chip shop and/or the kebab/pizza shop. You are welcome to bring your own food for dinner too, if you prefer. Some folk like to bring a BBQ and do sausages, burgers etc.

It is all good news today!

My BMW 323i has passed it MOT with just a dodgy brake light switch replaced.

Our Chrysler Sebring has been marooned in the middle of the drive as a non starter for over a week and today I tried something new. My next door neighbour works in the racing car industry and today he was taking the turbos off his 2009 BMW 123d. While I have not had much contact with him I asked if he had a decent code reading tool. Yes and handed me a Snap-on case, then the instructions about using different adapter links started and and I went for full cheek mode and asked him round to plug it in himself. Plugging it in did not tell us much because it is a 2002 car so he did a couple of basic checks that the injectors were firing etc. He noticed that the coil packs earth was lose and cleaned and tightened that. He also disconnected the fuel line to reveal it was pumping plenty of fuel. Now it starts just fine, he thinks it could have been the earth for the coil packs or the fuel pressure regulator is dirty and little used so has become sticky.

Anyway thank you and well done Steve my neighbour.

IMG_20210916_140601 broad.jpg

IMG_20210916_145726 broad.jpg

On 13/09/2021 at 18:54, Dobloseven said:

Hoping to come along to FoD at weekend. Have pm'd Chris and my discretion is assured. Think I've worked out where to go to from Google Maps. Any tips on what to bring along?Am guessing a chair come in handy. Hoping to bring the Renault 25 along for its first longish trip in my custody. 

On 13/09/2021 at 21:40, Mrs6C said:

Bring a mug for your tea/coffee and whatever you'd like to eat for your lunch/breakfast/etc.  We have plenty of chairs and provide fresh water and the means to make hot drinks, also there are usually some snacks like crisps and biscuits. On the Saturday evening, dinner is usually a take-out from the fish and chip shop and/or the kebab/pizza shop. You are welcome to bring your own food for dinner too, if you prefer. Some folk like to bring a BBQ and do sausages, burgers etc.

one other thing id recommend is if you have a bad back or difficulty/pain walking etc

I would recommend bringing along some form of personal transport to get around the FoD, a small car or Mobility scooter capable of running on grass, as there can be quite a lot of walking about as groups of shitters move from one car to another!

something i found out the hard way when my Invacar left the FoD and I realised I suddenly had no personal transport!

speaking of back pain, just as a heads up incase anyone was planning on talking to me or giving me lightbulbs or something! I sadly wont be at this FoD gathering as I decided in the end it is best I use the weekend to rest and save my back for my up coming driving test on Tuesday the 21st

just figured id give the heads up! :) 

I hope thats not too much of an inconvenience to anyone!

1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

one other thing id recommend is if you have a bad back or difficulty/pain walking etc

I would recommend bringing along some form of personal transport to get around the FoD, a small car or Mobility scooter capable of running on grass, as there can be quite a lot of walking about as groups of shitters move from one car to another!....

....or indeed walking to the toilet shack and back....

Some ideas for things to do tomorrow at the FoD

·    Fix ride on mower and cut the orchard grass using our ride in mower

·    Prepare wood for Saturday Evening fire

·    Bake me a Rhubarb cake

·    Clean out Vauxhall Royal, power up and raise drivers window, take some photos and sheet it up

·    Play on garden railway pull truck

·    Range Rover green - Start

·    3 ton dumper  - Pull the cylinder heads off to check what is seized

·    Toledo – Check parts I have bought and write a parts required list, slap some paint on the rusty bits. Sheet it up for the winter.

·    Hayter Condor mower - fit cutter plate

·    Check Anti freeze on all cars in field

·    Take BMW 323i to car wash and Photograph it for sales Ad

IMG_20210804_103038 broad.jpg

3 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Yes! The track has 5" and 3.5" gauges as well, but the 7.25" is the one we're using.

Not to give anyone ideas, obvs. but here is an ex Invacar Villers engine mounted on a 7.25" bogie......

Note the brake gear at the front, very necessary as you may well be stopping a ton of train and people.   Be very careful, even with a hand push trolley.

8E bogie.jpg

42 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

Not to give anyone ideas, obvs. but here is an ex Invacar Villers engine mounted on a 7.25" bogie......

Note the brake gear at the front, very necessary as you may well be stopping a ton of train and people.   Be very careful, even with a hand push trolley.

8E bogie.jpg

Where can Mrs6C purchase this fine beast!