Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

18 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

We’d love to come to one of the weekends, work permitting - is there space for a Ducato camper? Just a mwb van basically. Thanks! 

Yes you are most welcome. Now the hay has been cut we are not limited to our usual 1/3 acre camping paddock so we have plenty of room for campers!

On 03/08/2022 at 11:54, Talbot said:

You look like an anachronism in that photo.  A 2020's person transported back 100 years.

thats the thing I love about those photos that really break my brain

is that they look like a 1930s-1950's photographer, walked into a worm hole to about 1983, took those photos, somehow managed to back to his own time

and THEN we are finding the photos 70 years later, if that makes any sense LOL

it completely breaks my brain, because it looks like an OLD photograph but the subject matter does not fit, but not in a way thats obvious if that makes sense, like if someone just snapped a picture of a 2022 car. where its obvious oh someones just messing about with old film, but not here because everything in the photo is 40 years old still! but thats still way too modern for the sort atheistic the photo has

and it proper makes my brain hurt, and love it! LOL

41 minutes ago, Talbot said:

You look like an anachronism in that photo.  A 2020's person transported back 100 years.

I drive a brown 70s car, listen to 70s and 80s music, harp on about "the good old days" and enjoy ancient trains. 

I am an anachronism with legs.

This afternoon with help from @Slowsilver and @Zelandeth we visited the Saab 95. The aim was to get it ready to be transported to the FoD next week.

The good news is Adrian the seller had deliberately left the handbrake off and while it was a bit stiff and the brakes grind a bit it does roll.

We also took the opportunity to take the spark plugs out and squirt a drop of WD40 into each of the bores ready for the FoD start up.

IMG_20220803_135318 broad.jpg

IMG_20220803_135626 broad.jpg

P1180323 broad.jpg

15 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Thanks for the Photo @Zelandeth of the carburettor.

I thought it would be good to have a repair kit for my FoMoCo 1MC 72TFKGA but I am struggling to find one.

IMG_20220803_140546.jpg.f3e2c6fa1149f96d206f1ab5b8e4fe6b (1).jpg

is this any good? its listed as for a Saab 95, but I dont know enough about these sort of things to tell whats right on sight, or what says its compatible but is blatantly wrong

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164052829429

looks like Rock Auto might have some repair/rebuild kits too, so they might also be worth a punt since I hear they have very quick international shipping :) 

19 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

is this any good? its listed as for a Saab 95, but I dont know enough about these sort of things to tell whats right on sight, or what says its compatible but is blatantly wrong

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164052829429

looks like Rock Auto might have some repair/rebuild kits too, so they might also be worth a punt since I hear they have very quick international shipping :) 

That eBay listing does say Saab 95. We need it for the 13th and I have just spotted delivery is 15 - 25 Aug.

The others I have seen are too expensive bearing in mind this is a just in case purchase needed in 9 days.

Yesterday I collected the Toledo 4 door from service and fixing the brakes so they don't pull to the left also freeing up the steering means it is a delight to drive.

Oil and filter changed

Check all brakes and free stuck o-s front wheel cylinder

Clean and grease swivel in front suspension

Reroute choke cable

Clean Earth for o-s Headlight

Clean Earth for o-s rear light

Change fuse for cigar lighter/radio

Today I have used the Toledo for doing errands.

This evening was Milton Keynes Clastic Car gathering and I decided to give the Citroen DS a run out. That also ran very well with the weather perfect.

IMG_20220805_135649 broad.jpg

IMG_20220805_190250 broad.jpg

While the next two FoDs are billed as fix my Saab 95 and collect Fish and chips with extra people in the boot seat, I think there will be opportunity to play with other stuff.

I am thinking it would be nice to get the Manta out and running again ready for its revival at the end of the year.

I have had the Vauxhall Royal saloon almost a year now and have not even looked over it properly let alone attempted to start it.

Last FoD we tried to resuscitate my Motorbike trailer and it turns out the wheel bearings were shot. I now have new wheel bearings that need fitting.

IMG_20220803_142354 broad.jpg

IMG_20210821_191538 broad.jpg

IMG_20210804_103038 broad.jpg

IMG_20200920_154655 broad.jpg