Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

29 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Shove him in the boot so there's a steel bulkhead between you.

I was thinking of saying throw me in the back of the C15 LOL

reminds me of the story the previous owner of my Invacar, told me of how he had a Van back in the day which he fitted out with like 4 Model 70 seats in the back which he was able to get because he was an approved repairer at the time! 

Hadn't mentioned it yet but the Silvers' plan was to work on REV for @LightBulbFun. As there are two of us we can probably push it on to some hard standing. We were intending to take the wheels off and hopefully take them away for new tyres to be fitted, as promised before lockdown. Then spend the rest of the time sorting as much of the electrical system as possible.
Don't want to steal @beko1987's thunder but obviously we can't work on it if he does and vice versa.
Would happily work on Dolly instead but I guess @Mrs6C will be working on it, so that is not going to happen.
If Beko is OK with this I am sure there are plenty of other things in the field that he could tinker with (new petrol tap on Tiddly Truck springs to mind). Or he could just drink tea and supervise us from a safe distance.

35 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

Hadn't mentioned it yet but the Silvers' plan was to work on REV for @LightBulbFun. As there are two of us we can probably push it on to some hard standing. We were intending to take the wheels off and hopefully take them away for new tyres to be fitted, as promised before lockdown. Then spend the rest of the time sorting as much of the electrical system as possible.

ah that would be really awesome! :) of course if its ok with Beko that is, really anything done for me to REV is very much appreciated! id be a lot more screwed if it was not for the very kind generostority of everyone on here! :) 

35 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

(new petrol tap on Tiddly Truck springs to mind)

glad someone mentioned the Tiddly truck, it was going to be my retort if someone complained when I said "how about something English with an engine the size of a suitcase, is that an ok compromise? :mrgreen: " as it also fits that description! :) 

4 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I would need one of those extended ones as I don't think there is 2m between the back doors and drivers head!

P1340334 broads.jpg

C15_D_Grand_Volume.jpg

ah well there you go perfect excuse to get another Citroen C15! :mrgreen:

or maybe a LWB Sherpa :) (with V8 and sliding door for maximum win?)

53 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

Don't want to steal @beko1987's thunder but obviously we can't work on it if he does and vice versa.
Would happily work on Dolly instead but I guess @Mrs6C will be working on it, so that is not going to happen.
If Beko is OK with this I am sure there are plenty of other things in the field that he could tinker with (new petrol tap on Tiddly Truck springs to mind). Or he could just drink tea and supervise us from a safe distance.

I'm happy to do anything or nothing really! Your plan works best, because there can be two of you. 

I could bring my oil, oil catch can and filter and do my own oil change... Sounds too much like boring work to me though... 

If you wanted me to print the wiring diagrams off though I can do that? Got the bfo laser printer here

5 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

I'm happy to do anything or nothing really! Your plan works best, because there can be two of you. 

I could bring my oil, oil catch can and filter and do my own oil change... Sounds too much like boring work to me though... 

If you wanted me to print the wiring diagrams off though I can do that? Got the bfo laser printer here

Glad you're happy with the plan. Please still come if you can, it would be good to meet up again. Thanks for the printing offer but the wiring diagram is only a single page so I have already printed it out.

8 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

Glad you're happy with the plan. Please still come if you can, it would be good to meet up again. Thanks for the printing offer but the wiring diagram is only a single page so I have already printed it out.

its probably not a bad idea to print off the jacking points page too :) 

but anyone with an internet connection should be able to go to this thread (or any other post I have attached the PDF to!)

and pull up the workshop manual in PDF form on their phone if needed, :)

37 minutes ago, Slowsilver said:

If it needs a drag I can be at the end of 3m of rope/the xsara can. It needs to go on hard standing again whilst everything is bone dry, it is indeed a top plan. I'll put a good saw in the car incase any planks need adjusting to fit under it etc

Will just be nice to see and talk to people who aren't inside my phone or computer for an hour or so! 

(although Chris and Claire, if anything needs moving about /post winter uncovering that sounds like an isolated task) 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:44 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Funnily enough I would like a Panther Rio, I know, I know an uglier, slower, more expensive Dolomite sprint!

post-4787-0-86251300-1546004648_thumb.jpg

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/sat-20th-sun-21st-june-2020/1977-panther-20-rio-especial/

I hope you have registered for bidding, this has a good guide price, I would love to see someone on here buy it.

25 minutes ago, Shite Ron said:

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/sat-20th-sun-21st-june-2020/1977-panther-20-rio-especial/

I hope you have registered for bidding, this has a good guide price, I would love to see someone on here buy it.

£2500 - £3500 sounds a fortune for a wrecked expensive to repair Rio. 

Back in January 2014 I bought a BMW 323i coupe from a friend who had run it as a business car and it got everything it needed instead of paying a lease payment. When he was ready for a change he could not face meeting the great unwashed who might like a black BMW 323i that looked like a M3! My son Richard then crashed my BMW E30 so I let him take the 323i. When Richard moved to Canada he passed it on to his friend Keith.

I have had a call today from son Richard’s friend Brandan to say the BMW E36 323i Sport is in danger of being scrapped. We thought the car was loved and parked inside by Richards friend Keith and ownership was going to pass to another friend Brandon as the storage is lost and the landlord wants it gone. It turns out the car has sat outside for 5 years and the wheels have disappeared. The radiator is missing and it looks very sad.

Logic says let it get scrapped, but there is a reason I am on Autoshite not Pistonheads!

Recovery plan is now underway!

323i standing 02.jpg

323i standing 06.jpg

323i standing 04.jpg

23 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Back in January 2014 I bought a BMW 323i coupe from a friend who had run it as a business car and it got everything it needed instead of paying a lease payment. When he was ready for a change he could not face meeting the great unwashed who might like a black BMW 323i that looked like a M3! My son Richard then crash my BMW E30 so I let him take the 323i. When Richard moved to Canada he passed it on to his friend Keith.

I have had a call today from son Richard’s friend Brandan to say the BMW E36 323i Sport is in danger of being scrapped. We thought the car was loved and parked inside by Richards friend Keith and ownership was going to pass to another friend Brandon as the storage is lost and the landlord wants it gone. It turns out the car has sat outside for 5 years and the wheels have disappeared. The radiator is missing and it looks very sad.

Logic says let it get scrapped, but there is a reason I am on Autoshite not Pistonheads!

323i standing 02.jpg

323i standing 06.jpg

323i standing 04.jpg

@Mrs6C he’s at it again. Up the medication.

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

Things are not going to plan, it looks like 3 of my spare BMW wheels have been stolen, anybody around me or Northampton that can lend three 17 inch 5 stud BMW alloys to get it the a trailer? No driving, just too get it on a trailer?

range rover 02 on will fit

or the wheels off your 7 series..............

merc no fit

I purchased a set of 16 inch wheels today with the help of @ianbmw for the recovery of the BMW 323i.

Plain wheels with good tread and cheap!

I had to borrow wheels bolts from the 735i so progress can continue tomorrow. I will now order some more.

The plan is tomorrow is my son's friend is going to fit them and check the brakes are free for us. Transport is arranged for Thursday.

Fingers crossed!

IMG_20200602_124247 broad.jpg

IMG_20200602_133437 broad.jpg

23 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Back in January 2014 I bought a BMW 323i coupe from a friend who had run it as a business car and it got everything it needed instead of paying a lease payment. When he was ready for a change he could not face meeting the great unwashed who might like a black BMW 323i that looked like a M3! My son Richard then crashed my BMW E30 so I let him take the 323i. When Richard moved to Canada he passed it on to his friend Keith.

323i standing 02.jpg

323i standing 06.jpg

323i standing 04.jpg

Yes yes yes. This is pretty identical to a 318is I had when I was 19. I do love an e36. Good save. They are starting to creep up in price too. 

Usually with this group of friends I drink beer and rampage though the town of Buckingham, since lockdown things have been quiet.

Since we are now allowed to meet friend outside we went to the FoD for the first social for a while.

It was lovely up there with the moon out early, but all totally non shite SUVs, so my CLK got its picture with the moon!

IMG_20200602_192005 broad.jpg

IMG_20200602_192243 broad.jpg

IMG_20200602_194129 broad.jpg

We had a Toyota Rav4, BMW X3 and the Hyundai SUV in the picture I have been out in them all, it reminds me of the quote from 

Crocodile" Dundee : ...Well, you can live on it, but it taste like shit. 

Modern SUVs: you can get around in them but they bore you to death.