Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

30 minutes ago, Snake Charmer said:

Looks like a good meeting, I'm officially jealous so I will have to post photos from Goodwood tomorrow while I enjoy my FREE ticket!

Thanks to @Talbot and @Crackers for the efforts to pick up the tyres for @Floatylight, much appreciated. 👍

Nice to meet you, enjoy the Festival of Speedhite

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Next FoD weekend 10th 11th July, Day 2.
2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Has anybody got a tyre valve core remover at or coming to FoD?

IMG_20210710_163854 broad.jpg

Have you got a can of tyre slime anywhere knocking about?

They have one as part of the kit.

My XF has one with its inflation kit for this reason as well as it has no spare wheel. Worth a check if any of your cars don't have a spare wheel.

5 hours ago, Cento16v said:

Have you got a can of tyre slime anywhere knocking about?

They have one as part of the kit.

My XF has one with its inflation kit for this reason as well as it has no spare wheel. Worth a check if any of your cars don't have a spare wheel.

I think this is a wheel off a ride-on lawn mower at the FOD.  You can get the valve out with a small pair of pointy nosed electronic tech pliers. That tyre slime is horrible stuff.  you have to clear it all out before repairing a tyre, a messy and difficult job to get it all out. 

Dadding took priority in the end, when junior_brownnova was really keen to go to a car show together but not to spend 6 hours in a car and risk being late for the footy.

Gutted to miss it, but next time I’ve already agreed with management I’m coming for the weekend and stopping over! Juniors can come with if they so desire!