Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

train planning (rock and roll)

found a first class return frae dundee to newcastle 80 quid (on a wednesday)

hey fkit its something might only do once

@Saabnut frae laurencekirk it was 175 quid no way it costs that to get to dundee via montrose from their :P

worth the spin to dundee :D

depends on the weather and the eta of the smol honda frae nz

'donald whirs yir troosers'

1 hour ago, High Jetter said:

Traffic at 8pm was very light. Did @LightBulbFun get back during the window?

I did indeed :) I appreciate the checkup so to speak!

it went as planned with things being relatively free flowing and empty

so I was able to make good time and get from boarding my train at 8PM to just stepping through the home front door at few mins past 9PM :) 

utterly cream cracked tho hence why I have not posted anything till now, have been (and currently am) vegetating in bed enjoying a nice hot chocolate :) 

but was a good weekend as always! :) 

1417725821_ImagefromiOS(21).thumb.jpg.12f74ad6e6b5dfc38b16aa377893abed.jpg

with many thanks to @Mrs6C and @Six-cylinder for hosting all of us, and especially thanks for putting with me and my probably awkward requirements! 

and to everyone else who put up with me and who fetched and brought various things to me so I could avoid having to get up from my chair! I only wish It had wheels so I could move about as the group did!

(one of the things I  did not quite think about/realise with sending REV away for fettling, is that I no longer had any means of transport around the FoD because I would use REV as well, an Mobility scooter to get around the place LOL)

and thanks to @catsinthewelder's for the little  hand held oscilloscope I look forward to playing with that one over the coming days and scoping out (literally LOL) the waveform of various lighting gear I have, get a chance to finally look at the current vs voltage waveforms of various forms discharge lighting and look at what the re-ignition peak voltages of them are :) 

and bonus shite picture of An locomotive at euston station for the trainshite people :) 

1903731073_ImagefromiOS(22).thumb.jpg.658ee75132cae1619a361fd3f31c4733.jpg

what tickled me about this one was at the other end of this passenger train was another locomotive but in freight transport livery, and it amused me to see that coupled to a passenger train,

theres a self loading cargo joke in there somewhere LOL

Left about 1715, home at 0055.

Stopped at Rugby with @Inspector Morose for dinner. Brand new service station so it'll be going on my shit services blog. Stopped at Trowell also for the sake of a review* so that'll be there too.

Stopped at Todhills to stretch the legs and check the car. Found a coolant weep at the thermostat housing and stuck some more oil in. There's some odd, bearingy, type noises coming from somewhere.

Finally, this photo for the benefit of Mr @Talbot. 405 miles since this morning's fill up. Previous fill was after 429 miles where the needle was just above R on the gauge. I'll get solid figures in the next day or two.

The run home was much less interrupted compared with southbound but the countryside HOON towards the end due to M74 closure should have made up for that.

IMG_20210712_004922.jpg

Oh and many thanks for the lightbulb @Six-cylinder/ @Mrs6C :) 

139688579_ImagefromiOS(3).thumb.jpg.9abace866ca74ae07ecfa413bc3e295e.jpg

Tis a miniature prefocus 6V 25W 25W dual filament bulb I think for use in the head lamp of a motorcycle or something such

from what I could see when I tried and failed to unwrap it at the FoD it looked like a Dual filament stop and tail lamp, so I was pleasantly surprised to see this more unusual lamp when I unwrapped it today :) 

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Many thanks as always to @Six-cylinderand @Mrs6C for hosting, @Inspector Morosefor the choice photographs. and, assisted by @davidfowler2000, the very enjoyable ‘Name that TV theme tune’ competition on Saturday evening. And everybody else for coming. 

Looks like you all had a good time.

The theme tune competition certainly bought back memories. I got The Streets of San Francisco but totally missed It’ll be Alright on the Night! 

To prepare for the next one, you just have to watch ITV4 & Talking Pictures TV 24/7 for about three months. This is how @MondeoBlues did so well despite his comparative youth. 

4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

The theme tune competition certainly bought back memories. I got The Streets of San Francisco but totally missed It’ll be Alright on the Night!

Considering you actually mentioned IBAOTN about 5 mins previous as well...

2 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

To prepare for the next one, you just have to watch ITV4 & Talking Pictures TV 24/7 for about three months. This is how @MondeoBlues did so well despite his comparative youth. 

Maybe for the next round, you could sing the theme tunes, which would make them far more difficult to guess if singing ability isn't anything to write home about....

48 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Maybe for the next round, you could sing the theme tunes, which would make them far more difficult to guess if singing ability isn't anything to write home about....

Between us I think we managed a surprisingly tuneful rendition of that well-loved classic song "Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom".

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes