Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

17 hours ago, bub2006 said:

Which way are you passing through the Midlands on Saturday? Have cb radio,will convoy 😄.

I really have to get the auxiliary lights wired to the van and rear speakers installed. Don't suppose anyone wants to buy an erde tipper trailer too? Shiters discount applicable 

M6 to Birmingham then undecided. Times also undecided.

As usual, there will be some free books/mags available courtesy of Autoshite’s resident librarian. I will also have a few to sell, will put them up separately in the For sale thread.

People can call dibs here or fight it out at the FoD for the free stuff: 

Haynes Laguna 1 Petrol & Diesel

Haynes Maestro 1.3 & 1.6

Haynes Montego 2.0

Haynes Talbot Horizon (don’t all shout at once)

Haynes Range Rover Classic (Petrol only)

Illustrated History of Dennis Buses and Trucks, Nick Baldwin, 1987 (few pages missing at the end)

World Sports Car Championship, Cyril Posthumus (bit tatty), 1961

Motor Cycles and how to manage them, Iliffe, 1954, ok condition.

The Essential guide to choosing and using your 4x4 vehicle, 1998, a small paperback from Land Rover but does include info on other makes.

Trucks of the World Highways, Arthur Ingram, 1979. Dust jacket tatty but good condition otherwise.

13 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

As usual, there will be some free books/mags available courtesy of Autoshite’s resident librarian. I will also have a few to sell, will put them up separately in the For sale thread.

People can call dibs here or fight it out at the FoD for the free stuff: 

Haynes Laguna 1 Petrol & Diesel

Haynes Maestro 1.3 & 1.6

Haynes Montego 2.0

Haynes Talbot Horizon (don’t all shout at once)

Haynes Range Rover Classic (Petrol only)

Illustrated History of Dennis Buses and Trucks, Nick Baldwin, 1987 (few pages missing at the end)

World Sports Car Championship, Cyril Posthumus (bit tatty), 1961

Motor Cycles and how to manage them, Iliffe, 1954, ok condition.

The Essential guide to choosing and using your 4x4 vehicle, 1998, a small paperback from Land Rover but does include info on other makes.

Trucks of the World Highways, Arthur Ingram, 1979. Dust jacket tatty but good condition otherwise.

Illustrated History of Dennis Buses and Trucks, Nick Baldwin, 1987 (few pages missing at the end) for me please.

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I collected S2 Sovereign from my favourite garage today. It has had light service, auto choke clean and a safety check as I don't MOT my 40+ year old cars.

IMG_20210708_105739 broad.jpg

I did enjoy driving it. Is it drier inside yet?

2 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Our 200TE is still letting in water somewhere in spite of having welding done.

Pretty sure mine is the heater blower intake on the bulkhead. Not sure anything can be done short of taking the whole lot out. 

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Next FoD weekend 10th 11th July, now has started with first arrivals.
2 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

A close friend of mine died suddenly on Tuesday morning. I'll be spending much of FoD Saturday with her parents, who might want help dealing with her Estate.

Won't be attending FoD, sorry. Feeling quite raw.

Sorry to hear that Tadhg. Look after yourself 🙂

I may be along in the afternoon. 

The Audi is still on the ramp in the garage, it's going to run over until the morning at this rate, when it's going to be put back together. The tie rod end put up a fight and needed 'encouragement' to get off. 

IMG-20210709-WA0012.jpg

1 hour ago, Cento16v said:Is this a regular thing?

Are you guys all camping somewhere together? 

Can you come in a modern car, I have modern diagnostic shenanigans I can bring to diagnose stuff with, whats it all about 😃

I don't trust the Activa enough to take it anywhere far until I've put new brakes and spheres on it 😬

As and when the six cylinders wish.  All welcome. Pm @Six-cylinder for details.