Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

On 05/08/2020 at 16:10, Floatylight said:

Not worth the risk if you suffer with a bad back...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

yeah I did not think there was enough space to lie flat in it 

although thinking about it @beko1987 is probably referring to that other more modern BMW @Six-cylinder recently rescued

but still I dont think theres all that much space for sleeping in it LOL

On 8/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, Six-cylinder said:

This weekend has been a sort of FoD event but with Gamma Consortium (club) people.

It was for the parts recovery of the Gamma Berlina lodging with us and donated to the club as a parts car.

Glorious weather made it a very pleasant weekend and interesting to see two later Deltas and a ypsilon. 

We were worried that the Spitfire would think we were Italian and straife us!

IMG_20200801_114341 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_184410 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_143716 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_112747 broad.jpg

P1370065 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_171508 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_103405 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_170351 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_133953 broad.jpg

P1370039 broad.jpg

Great for the gamma, but the moderns aren’t lookers are they,

Have fun at the open weekend, it’s my eldest nieces 12th birthday so will be going there ( In our bubble). I may * ( who knows at the moment ) be visiting north wales in a fortnight and could possibly drop the 1988 period Philips radio cassette off on the way home. It’s been in the boot since February!

On 7/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I have spoken to the farmer who is cutting our hay and he says he will cut it in a week or so depending on weather.

We will be ready for another FoD open weekend in August with the use of our 10 acre field. I am thinking 22/23 Aug but if there is an overwhelming majority for a different weekend that would be find with me.  

P1540863 broad.jpg

I had to look twice at that pic till I realised it was my son! Chaseracer gave him a driving lesson in my auto avensis. Hes now older and my current car is a manual. I'll have a wonder down but shant be bringing trike again. That was too tiring. 

1 hour ago, bub2006 said:

I had to look twice at that pic till I realised it was my son! Chaseracer gave him a driving lesson in my auto avensis. Hes now older and my current car is a manual. I'll have a wonder down but shant be bringing trike again. That was too tiring. 

Yes your lad, a great photo for advertising our event and he is most welcome to visit again. 

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Have fun at the open weekend, it’s my eldest nieces 12th birthday so will be going there ( In our bubble). I may * ( who knows at the moment ) be visiting north wales in a fortnight and could possibly drop the 1988 period Philips radio cassette off on the way home. It’s been in the boot since February!

Everything has slowed down, just when it is convenient to you.

This any use to you for any of your Citroen projects?

Solex 32BISA carb, used once for about five miles as an experiment.

IMG_20200806_163813.thumb.jpg.0acb74830dc8bdba0b15477bbf2a75fd.jpg

Originally specified for a 1100 Chrysler/Talbot Horizon I believe...which suggests to me it's probably common to a bunch of PSA stuff from that era...hence might be useful for you.  Just let me know if it's likely useful, if so will bring it over next time I'm over your way.  If not it can disappear into the pile of stuff in the back of my garage for another few years.

7 hours ago, Andyrew said:

This was from box of tat a customer gave us as he was clearing out. The shop it came from shut down donkeys years ago. 

Just look at that price! 

20200805_215510.thumb.jpg.ca9c44321c2faeb7684060673e80f983.jpg

Now with LW!  Getting fancy. 

20200805_215443.thumb.jpg.c099fa30d4464135795c1c0ffea9a922.jpg

Looks new buts slightly used, like its been a demo unit or something or it could be Ballsed.  Any use in the fleet before the bin?

POWER!!!!!

Never heard of the brand, but I see it has jack pin.

It looks useful to me as I am more keen to fit Radio/cass than Radio/CD in appropriate cars.

I want another battery like I had last time and 2 x 20 LTR blue antifreeze please. 

9 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

This any use to you for any of your Citroen projects?

Solex 32BISA carb, used once for about five miles as an experiment.

IMG_20200806_163813.thumb.jpg.0acb74830dc8bdba0b15477bbf2a75fd.jpg

Originally specified for a 1100 Chrysler/Talbot Horizon I believe...which suggests to me it's probably common to a bunch of PSA stuff from that era...hence might be useful for you.  Just let me know if it's likely useful, if so will bring it over next time I'm over your way.  If not it can disappear into the pile of stuff in the back of my garage for another few years.

It does look like the size of carb the Visa Cab and LNA use. Just the screw holes for the air filter etc are different.

P1050281 crop broad.jpg

22 hours ago, catsinthewelder said:

I can bring a spare tent and inflatable mattress, I'll admit that I don't find them very comfortable but that's what beer is for.

ah thanks cool good to know I have at least one option :) (assuming the bed holds air? I dont drink but ill manage somehow LOL)

now just need to figure out the actually getting there and back part, would anyone be able to pick me up from MKC?

(assuming im even welcome given id have to get to MKC by Public transport still not sure what peoples stances on that? personally not something im worried about, but its not about me here!)

I got my 2CV out of storage today, I had to back fill the petrol pump and fuel line to make it start. Now it seems to start easily and runs well.

Yes it is rare to see my 2CV out and about but I thought it should make an appearance at the FoD open weekend 22/23 Aug. I am not like other 2CV owners who use their cars regardless and I consider 30 miles there and 30 miles back is a nice trip out in a 2CV before it becomes uncomfortable. I Know, I know many have driven them around Europe when I have succumbed to the comfort and economy of a Visa Diesel! Thing is I may have used it a bit too sparingly as it had an MOT in May 2019 at 52,734, now it is reading 52,852 miles  just 118 miles in over a year. (it is on a Boris MOT)

IMG_20200811_093733 broad.jpg

IMG_20200811_101839 broad.jpg

Happy to volunteer to give the 2CV some exercise!  Perfect open top weather...

I'm definitely *hoping* to make an appearance, it's just hard for me to commit to something like this more than a couple of days in advance with how my mental health is these days.  Also is the weather is anything like this it will definitely enforce my having to call time after a couple of hours as I just can't handle temperatures like this like I used to.