Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

5 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I am sure a brand new Kawasaki Mule will make a nicer sound and be much better, it's just the matter of £7,000!

if you had a Kawasaki when the belt broke then you could have raided one of the invacars/the parts stash for a new belt!

or well according to Dayco the drive belt by the part number HP2020 which is for some Kawasaki's is the best modern equivalent to replace the NLA Model 70's belt, so I assume the reverse may also work? LOL

Saturday they came, raked the hay into rows and bailed it so we are ready for FoD open day. 

I could not help myself and had to have a drive round , wish you all could have been here.

Now we have to see if the weather will cooperate because it was a lovely day up there yesterday.

IMG_20200801_120708 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_111326 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_152124_1 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_154718 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_172641 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_172618 broad.jpg

57 minutes ago, hairnet said:

was the beemer getting baled too :P:D

We have owned the 735i for 12 years, I have been shopping in it, round the Nurburgring flat out, maxed it out on a German autobahn and set a personal record of spending 7 hours solid behind the wheel driving to Edinburgh on a Friday night without even a fuel stop. You go before the 735i goes!

This weekend has been a sort of FoD event but with Gamma Consortium (club) people.

It was for the parts recovery of the Gamma Berlina lodging with us and donated to the club as a parts car.

Glorious weather made it a very pleasant weekend and interesting to see two later Deltas and a ypsilon. 

We were worried that the Spitfire would think we were Italian and straife us!

IMG_20200801_114341 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_184410 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_143716 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_112747 broad.jpg

P1370065 broad.jpg

IMG_20200801_171508 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_103405 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_170351 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_133953 broad.jpg

P1370039 broad.jpg

At the weekend the Gamma club bought me over a rebuilt rear caliper for my Gamma Berlina and volunteered to pop it on for me. It turns out to be more complicated than it looks because the piston has to be twisted to line up with the handbrake mechanism. Also the the handbrake the other side had to be backed off to get the cable back on the piston. I now have brakes that don't bind. @dozeydustman Thanks for the offer to help and don't worry there are plenty of other things that need doing.

The next problem is the Gamma fluffs when pulling away and they started to sort that but ran out of time. Also the n-s front indicator needs some careful attention to make the indicator work again as the earth is broken in the unit. 

IMG_20200802_124409 broad.jpg

IMG_20200802_124517 broad.jpg

P1370086 broad.jpg

Due to Aunty Nicola the local auction is going to be online only, so ahm oot. I am going to try and make this, but unsure if I will be off the boat by then, but as I keep telling them here, you have to have a plan so you have something to change! PM incoming...

Well it would have been but apparently @Six-cylinder cannot receive messages! Send me instructions on how to find the FOD please Chris

Edited by Saabnut
Could not send a PM

I'll definitely make an attempt to get along to this.  I suspect sticking around for any real length of time will require me to bring the van as I tend to need a quiet space I can retreat to these days - current distancing situation making that even more of an issue. 

Will probably depend largely on how I'm feeling nearer the time, but I'm not adverse to the idea of dropping the van off, seeing if I could get a lift back here and then pick up TPA and bring her over.  Assuming she continues to behave herself over the next couple of weeks of course.

On the subject of the van - it's actually big enough that (especially once I stick the curtain between the cab and living area back in) I could theoretically assist with picking folks up while remaining the prerequisite distance away from you.  Not sure how useful or not that might be.  I do only have a single seatbelt in the back though (I really do need to get another couple fitted).

I very much would like to make it to this one having missed the other one

but the question still remains of, would be ok with me coming? in that because unless someone can scoop me up from London, the only way I can get down is via public transport which I understand people where not happy with the idea of last time hence why I never went last time

but if people are a bit more ok with that this time then it would be good to know as id  very much like to come, but id still need to hitch a lift from MKC to the FoD

but at least @Zelandeth has kindly put forward this option :) which may work

10 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

On the subject of the van - it's actually big enough that (especially once I stick the curtain between the cab and living area back in) I could theoretically assist with picking folks up while remaining the prerequisite distance away from you.  Not sure how useful or not that might be.  I do only have a single seatbelt in the back though (I really do need to get another couple fitted).

but im still not sure where id stay, ideally id like to be there for both days :)  there is the primmer inn and what have you but again id need help getting to and from it

15 hours ago, brownnova said:

Which travelodge to people frequent for this..? currently debating whether to come myself for a day or bring Mrs_b and the bairn and come for the whole weekend... 

There are a brace of Travelodges in Milton Keynes which are barely further away from the FOD than the Buckingham Premier Inn, and can be cheaper.

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Lay the seats down in the BMW and kip in that! Bring a sleeping bag

this BMW? didn't realise there was a enough space for someone to sleep in it but if that really is an option (that @Six-cylinder is ok with!) then ill gladly take what I can! tho I dont have a sleeping bag, but im sure something can be figured out...

IMG_0651.thumb.JPG.69a7b280cfb9d6cc98f243caff3f93a3.JPG

Brief interlude of dangerous MOT failure Visa, falling to bits Spitfires, rusty new Alfas, makings of car commercials and car of the decades on a classic Top Gear with Mr Woollard! I think you do or have owned most models mentioned on this episode...

this BMW? didn't realise there was a enough space for someone to sleep in it but if that really is an option (that [mention=4787]Six-cylinder[/mention] is ok with!) then ill gladly take what I can! tho I dont have a sleeping bag, but im sure something can be figured out...

IMG_0651.thumb.JPG.69a7b280cfb9d6cc98f243caff3f93a3.JPG
Not worth the risk if you suffer with a bad back...

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

This was from box of tat a customer gave us as he was clearing out. The shop it came from shut down donkeys years ago. 

Just look at that price! 

20200805_215510.thumb.jpg.ca9c44321c2faeb7684060673e80f983.jpg

Now with LW!  Getting fancy. 

20200805_215443.thumb.jpg.c099fa30d4464135795c1c0ffea9a922.jpg

Looks new buts slightly used, like its been a demo unit or something or it could be Ballsed.  Any use in the fleet before the bin?

POWER!!!!!