Six Cylinders Motoring Notes

Six-cylinder

Lovely car the 11. As you said earlier, I think the rear window is ace, maybe there was an attempt at family styling themes with the 25, although I don’t know what came first.

One of my first die casts was a red majorette r 11 with an opening sunroof, I was told off by my reception class teacher for bringing it to school  most days at one point. 

9AF51AF2-1660-4314-AF6D-076454B00ADF.thumb.png.69572140ff3ec48049df7a3c9bf15edb.png

It is bad news!

As our 1 ton dumper is still waiting for the injection pump to be overhauled and we need a working dumper I asked the plant engineer if he would have a look at our 2 ton dumper. Last time we tried to start it even towing it with the JCB it would not run, but I was feeling lucky for a quick fix with a man who knows!  No luck at all, the engine is seized so the eng investigated and found water in the inlet manifold of the front cylinder. Turns out there should be a water proof bung over the cold start helper. We have given it a chance in spite of it being a very naughty dumper and have asked the eng to take the heads off before we give up. Trouble is he had no time to do it today Sunday at zero notice!

In the mean time Mrs6C is terrorising our builders with her new found dumper driving skills!

IMG_20200726_100448 broad.jpg

IMG_20200726_110003 broad.jpg

IMG_20200726_094448 broad.jpg

Today's motoring interruption!

I am supposed to be working hard as we get close to some end of month deadlines, but parts arrived for the Trevi so there was the more important task of taking the parts to my favourite garage this morning! The photos are this mornings.

IMG_20200727_093910[1] broad.jpg

IMG_20200727_110518 broad.jpg

IMG_20200727_110454_1 broad.jpg

I have spoken to the farmer who is cutting our hay and he says he will cut it in a week or so depending on weather.

We will be ready for another FoD open weekend in August with the use of our 10 acre field. I am thinking 22/23 Aug but if there is an overwhelming majority for a different weekend that would be find with me.  

P1540863 broad.jpg

There is a classic car auction near me that weekend, but if it was the weekend afterwards there is a good possibility I could make it along with a few* BMW parts! Don't just base it on me though, as it is not certain at all where I will be by then.

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

We will be ready for another FoD open weekend in August with the use of our 10 acre field. I am thinking 22/23 Aug but if there is an overwhelming majority for a different weekend that would be find with me.  

ohh yay!

question I have to ask, is if you dont mind me asking do you know what, if any, accommodations would be available? (id be more then happy happy with the boat again!)

and by then would someone be happy to pick me up from MKC station?/would people be ok with the fact I public transported my way down? (I understand people where not very comfortable with that at last gathering hence why I could not make it sadly)

(or if someone could scoop me up if they are passing through London  to get to the FoD that would be very much appreciated as that would solve the whole public transport thing at least :) and also makes things a bit easier on the ol back)

as is well documented im struggling somewhat to get my own means of personal transport on the road, so im currently entirely reliant on public transport and the very kind favours of fellow shitters to give me a lift to places and such!

5 hours ago, Saabnut said:

There is a classic car auction near me that weekend, but if it was the weekend afterwards there is a good possibility I could make it along with a few* BMW parts! Don't just base it on me though, as it is not certain at all where I will be by then.

It's also the Kings Lynn auction on that Saturday - if it's a proper auction (rather than online only) I'll be going along as haven't been for aaages.  Could possibly pop down on the Sunday though if it does happen that weekend.

I'll have children, could probably get ma to come along for child_playing_with duties and it'll give me a deadline for @AnthonyG s Sebo. (currently got an Electrolux Z2060 in the washing basket ready for machine polishing and a Samsung upright in the airing cupboard so it's down the queue a bit...)

Put me down for a probably, the fields cut, I can drive an car to the tap... If the generator is free I could bring the pressure washer...