Six-cylinder

Six-cylinder's Motoring Notes - 21/22 September Last Tinkering Days 2019

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

i really don’t think I can make it sorry, I need to get on with making tax a bloody digital pain in the neck.

We could arrange it so that your 2CV attends without you?

20 hours ago, richardmorris said:

That’s what the door handles are for - stabilisers!

i really don’t think I can make it sorry, I need to get on with making tax a bloody digital pain in the neck.

That's one of the good games in the Lada.  Not uncommon to hear the rear mudflaps scraping on the ground when pressing on in corners - without any additional weight on board.

36 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

That's one of the good games in the Lada.  Not uncommon to hear the rear mudflaps scraping on the ground when pressing on in corners - without any additional weight on board.

My Jag is excellent at doing that, I ended up trimming the front flaps because they scraped on every corner.

Had a trimmed exhaust on my one Saab to stop it going "scruuunck" every time I turned into my folks drive.

Had a brief panic that the BMC thing was this weekend, then checked and no, that is a more general motoring event at MK Museum.  Less logistics involved!  Might take the van along if the weather looks decent, I'm in a functioning state and I can clean it a bit this afternoon...

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I thought about buying this today, but I really don't get on with the CX in diesel form.

IMG_20190914_104335 broad.jpg

IMG_20190914_104404 broad.jpg

Less than what I paid for mine,  but too long for the space I have on the front "garden"