Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

3 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I'll be there on Saturday, probably not in the P6 if it's hot, and will pre-volunteer myself for a bit of hot lawnmower action.

EDIT: Or MX5 action. Maybe I'll take you up on that drive you offered me last time 😉

I agree. The lawnmower is very popular and I think therapeutic. You can zone out doing the one simple task.

14 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Usually for me the "simple task" is disguised as drinking a pint.

Ah well the mower only really needs one hand once you have the mech and speed set! I used to do a church yard with the same machine. That was a lot more work as the gravestones got in the way.

I think if you are talking about actual legal allowed then we are currently allowed up to 30 people in a socially distanced outdoor event on private land/garden so no issues even if overnight.

Do many bring children to this? I would quite like to pop down and ride some mopeds round a field but would need to bring my small people with me. They are well behaved and at least some of them are enthusiastic about fixing things but wouldn't want them to be the only ones.

56 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

I think if you are talking about actual legal allowed then we are currently allowed up to 30 people in a socially distanced outdoor event on private land/garden so no issues even if overnight.

Do many bring children to this? I would quite like to pop down and ride some mopeds round a field but would need to bring my small people with me. They are well behaved and at least some of them are enthusiastic about fixing things but wouldn't want them to be the only ones.

Thanks Dave , I rely on my sister for “whAts allowed” as I really can’t keep up with the edicts here and in wales.

as for children I think @beko1987and @catsinthewelder Bring them along.

We have had trouble starting our C15 van after it has been standing a few days and it was suggested we change the fuel filter in case the seal is sucking air.

No luck, still very hard to start and you can see air bubbles in the pipe between the filter and main pump.

Mrs6c did the spannering today.

IMG_20210704_120350 broad.jpg

3 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

It looks like the bonnet emblem is after market so her are the real photos.

IMG_20210704_164352 broad.jpg

IMG_20210704_163854 broad.jpg

IMG_20210704_163957 broad.jpg

Cor a Fairmont Wagon, now that would be the ideal replacement for the C5 @dollywobbler, like betty but better suited for family duties :) 

interestingly looks like its been in the UK since new, I know they were popular with the funeral trade so I wonder if thats where it came from

image.thumb.png.a05d49399af20835826bd5ef1d69924d.png

(LPG too for maximum win/barge on a budget-ness)

6 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

No roof bars, unusual for a funeral car.

I did not ask our friend if he knew the past history of it.

There's a nigh on identical black Falcon wagon with blacked out windows on a 54 plate near me that shows up sometimes - I don't know the exact use of it but it 100% belongs to a funeral director. More than one funeral director round here use Australian Falcons, converted by Coleman Milne, and it belongs to one of them - also, I've only ever seen it in the presence of someone dressed impeccably in a black suit and tie with a crisp white shirt.

I do wonder if the rear windows are 100% tinted for a reason. 

The one you've pictured has almost certainly come from a funeral director, but in what capacity it was used I can't tell you.