Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Well that didn’t go well!

Six-cylinder

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

That particular car does seem to enjoy trying your patience!

Lack of use is causing the problems, the last time I used it was Sep 2019 because of Covid. It had stood in a nice dry garage from Oct 2007 when my mother was taken ill until April 2017 when I revived it.

The plan is to take it to the local Citroen Show in September.

Our C15 Van has been very difficult to start from cold turning but not starting. Talbot had a look and thinks it is the diesel filter seal allowing air in but I didn’t have one so have ordered one.

Sunday tinkering was spoilt by long periods drizzly rain.

Yesterday we started preparing the BMW 323i for sale, we polished out some scratches and n-s interior door card was repaired because the bolts on the arm rest were not fitted and all the pull was through the door card. We put some new wheel bolts on as the old ones were rusty and looked horrid. Then rain stopped play. Tomorrow I am going to collect the rear spoiler for it. I had already taken my son’s plate R88 KVS off it.

IMG_20181117_135108 crop filter broad.jpg

IMG_20210619_122035 broad.jpg

IMG_20210620_140306 broad.jpg

IMG_20210621_095353 broad.jpg

Drizzly rain...Wouldn't think you were just down the road from us...It was ridiculously wet here! 

IMG_20210618_141723.thumb.jpg.61c88d9fee59eaffc9903468f3357c22.jpg

Maximum depth before it eventually stopped was about level with the second course of bricks - a.k.a. about 1.5" deep through most of the the garage.  Because some idiot built over the drainage channel that used to be here.

If folks wanted to have a bash at it I'm fine with that...I just hate doing suspension work beyond sphere changes (those are shot to, but that's something I just need to get off my tail and order new ones for), so wouldn't have expected folks to want to touch it!
I think I've got spares of pretty much every bush involved in stock at least.
The front end has been rattly the whole time I've had the car since 2017 and it's never been sorted even after a few passes through a garage...and it's really started to grate on me lately.  It's never really got any worse, and is just annoying.
Especially as I'm half pondering selling it at some point...and I'd A: like to actually experience the car properly sorted for a while again beforehand, and B: Always prefer to have a car as well sorted as I can before selling. 
Just know if I wait for me to get around to it I'll be waiting until...well probably forever or until something actually breaks.
I know the creak is just something these cars are sometimes prone to and is coming from inside the offside front strut itself, so there's not much to be done about that.  If we could evict the knocking noises though that would be 3/4 of the battle.

Sorry for the thread hijack. If you can get it up to 10 miles East of Hereford, my mate will sort it for you. Been a mechanic for over 50 years. He's 68 now, has Lukemia, but is the sort of person who can never retire. Has a workshop next to mine, and still does private jobs three days a week. It won't be done in a day, as he likes to take his time, but can ask him if you are interested.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, fraser.innes.3 said:

Sorry for the thread hijack. If you can get it up to 10 miles East of Hereford, my mate will sort it for you. Been a mechanic for over 50 years. He's 68 now, has Lukemia, but is the sort of person who can never retire. Has a workshop next to mine, and still does private jobs three days a week. It won't be done in a day, as he likes to take his time, but can ask him if you are interested.

Problem there is I'd need to figure out a way to get back (and then back over there to collect it) which right now would involve me needing to borrow a second vehicle and driver as I'm not even entertaining the use of public transport until I'm fully vaccinated (which isn't going to be until late September), and at a glance it'd be a reasonable trek as there's not an obvious direct route there.  Were it a normal year and I had a bit more spare time I'd maybe see it as more of a scope for a bit of an adventure...however my desire for adventure right now is very low indeed!

Problem there is I'd need to figure out a way to get back (and then back over there to collect it) which right now would involve me needing to borrow a second vehicle and driver as I'm not even entertaining the use of public transport until I'm fully vaccinated (which isn't going to be until late September), and at a glance it'd be a reasonable trek as there's not an obvious direct route there.  Were it a normal year and I had a bit more spare time I'd maybe see it as more of a scope for a bit of an adventure...however my desire for adventure right now is very low indeed!
The obvious answer is to buy some shite in the area and use it to get home and back

I found this on line and only had to change one word!

I am bored Mummy, what can I do!!!!!

Tips to help your shiter stop being bored this summer (and help keep you sane!) Every shiter will go through bored periods but here's how you can help them learn to be more independent and entertain themselves. Stop the boredom drama time and teach your shiters how to entertain themselves!

• Mow the orchard grass using our ride in mower
  • Prepare wood for Saturday Evening fire
  • Test fly my new Ring Flyer, minimum age 3 years
  • Field Jenga
  • Boules
  • Bake me a Rhubarb cake
  • Dig some post holes in new barn under construction
  • Play on garden railway pull truck
  • Range Rover green - Start
  • 3 ton dumper  - Pull the cylinder heads off to check what is seized
  • MX5 - Long test drive to check on water loss and add antifreeze
  • Jinling - chain lube, change battery and start it.
  • Honda 50cc – start and make it run so you can ride it
  • Bikes Direct 125cc – Get started, refit and bodge exhaust back on
  • Sovereign S2 – fit reverse light bulb
  • C15 Van – fit new fuel filter
  • Peugeot 504 – remove front wheel and measure disc diameter
  • BMW 323i – Refit rear spoiler, refit passenger door card, clean it up
  • BX – clean under bonnet connector
  • Range Rover blue – bolt on height adjustable tow ball bracket
  • Timmy Trailer - Fit hand winch
  • Boat trailer – Replace strap winch
  • Toledo - Write a parts required list
  • Hayter Condor mower - fit cutter plate
  • Astravan - refit roof bars.

Remember we do special request, bringing a car to the FoD for doing a particular job that you feel I am neglecting.

bored shiter.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Next FoD weekend 10th 11th July, I am bored Mummy, what can I do!!!!!
1 hour ago, LightBulbFun said:

have you got a new toy

or are you just counting all the water that the bucket of the 2 ton dumper has inevitably collected since last time it was out? :) 

It all depends on the pull of the moon on the water to what it weighs!

In truth I have never been able to establish for certain what year and model it is. I have showed pictures on a plant forum but there were a series of guesses but not concrete answer.

P1020167 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

It all depends on the pull of the moon on the water to what it weighs!

In truth I have never been able to establish for certain what year and model it is. I have showed pictures on a plant forum but there were a series of guesses but not concrete answer.

P1020167 broad.jpg

Does it say THWAITES on the back? The Blackburn brewery.

Turns out our family week away starts on the 9th July. I completely forgot to check the dates until this week!

Even though we live in the fair principality of Cymru our friends who we are going to holiday with live in the bold Cumbric, Dalriadic, Doric and Pictish nation of Yr Alban (Scotland, to shitters and other common folk) and they booked their holiday in the first week of the Scottish school holidays. We therefore have to take our kids out the week before our gwyliau'r haf.

Anyway, unless we invent Shitely time travel or provide experimental evidence for Einstein Rosen Bridges using VW Passat B5 TDIs its unlikely I can make it. 

Certainly I am keen to come, as are the kids (even the wife didn't say no) so hopefully we can make it before too long.