Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Saying goodbye to a fleet member!

Six-cylinder

21/22 September Last Tinkering Days 2019

BBC says 19 C and sunny intervals, I know, I know that could mean snow by then!

This is what I am thinking if the weather is as forecast we can get out the big toys digger tractor dumpers etc, if it is a bit rainy we can still gather and work on/play with scooters etc. If it pisses down with rain all weekend then I am afraid it will be cancelled.

So as of now it is game on……………….

36 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

21/22 September Last Tinkering Days 2019

BBC says 19 C and sunny intervals, I know, I know that could mean snow by then!

This is what I am thinking if the weather is as forecast we can get out the big toys digger tractor dumpers etc, if it is a bit rainy we can still gather and work on/play with scooters etc. If it pisses down with rain all weekend then I am afraid it will be cancelled.

So as of now it is game on……………….

Bummer. I've been otherwise engaged on all the FoD dates for this year, this one being no exception. I shall have to ask my wife to keep more weekends free next year so I can bugger off somewhere to play cars with internet chums.

1 minute ago, dozeydustman said:

I shall have to ask my wife to keep more weekends free next year so I can bugger off somewhere to play cars with internet chums.

That is going to go down a storm!

What you need is a narrative about supporting helpless individuals who are inflicted with a disease and need help!

Just now, Six-cylinder said:

That is going to go down a storm!

What you need is a narrative about supporting helpless individuals who are inflicted with a disease and need help!

The wife wants me to have genuinely interesting* hobbies and is quite happy for me to go to a shiter meet, and wanted me to go to shitefest, however as we lost mother in law just prior to the event, it was not a good time to leave her without supportive hubby.

4 minutes ago, Eyersey1234 said:

What's the name for helpless individuals that can't stop buying broken old chod lol? 

I can think of quite a few names. I'm sure I'd get blackballed if I put them up here

Damn it... I’ve promised Mrs_brownnova we’ll go to a Food festival that weekend... and seeing as we didn’t make the music thing this weekend as I lost track of time (I mean who wouldn’t driving a GSA abd a Montego... we’d better actually do that one. 

9 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Damn it... I’ve promised Mrs_brownnova we’ll go to a Food festival that weekend... and seeing as we didn’t make the music thing this weekend as I lost track of time (I mean who wouldn’t driving a GSA abd a Montego... we’d better actually do that one. 

Mrs6C has plenty of apples Mrs_brownnova can look at, polish and eat!

3 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Indeed I had! But now it seems to be doing it too well. Not sure whether I've been poisoned over the course of 126-mile round trip, but my head feels a bit funny now....

At least you can smell the hydrogen sulphide. The sealed batteries just explode.

50 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

When I bought this at 6 years old it was quite posh and I did not say much about. 5.7 years ago, When it became old, rusty and broken I have posted a few of my woes, but tonight I used it and it is still a great bit of kit.

IMG_20190909_191644 broad.jpg

Efa

I have computer bits too, need to arrange a pop over night

7 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Efa

"5.7 years ago, When it became old, rusty and broken"

5.7 years would have meant 3 years trouble free, I didn't get 3 weeks before it would not start and I had to have the injectors sorted!

Luckily I still had my original RR and a P38 as it snowed a lot 2010 into 2011.

P1030983 broad.jpg

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I remember that snow! I had my first driving test in 2010 in that snow it was cancelled, despite my lesson the day before going very well (taught me alot that did, and now I can just work from home if it snows!) 

I remember it too, I think it was that winter I got towed up a hill in the bus by a Land rover 

I am still struggling with the air con pipe for the black 156 and the 3 obtained so far don’t fit. Today I took the broken pipe to Bee cool in Kettering as they say they can have it welded. I had to collect the pipe from Andy Blake in Northampton and parked my AX next to my own 156.

Is an AX a classic, it seems not really in spite of seeing very few on the road, this morning while driving mine flashing and waving produced no response from either the white M reg 5 door in Northampton or the blue P reg 3 door in Kettering.

IMG_20190910_103420 broad.jpg

IMG_20190910_095002 broad.jpg

I think this may be beyond back-to-black’s help.  I’ve done it three times now, and it just keeps fading to grey. I have no intention of polishing the whole beast, but tried the spoiler as that it quite visibly poor. Didn’t help much though. I have gelled the tyres though.

CD662EA0-596E-4F5B-BE7B-62E73FBC84FF.jpeg

1C51524B-8E49-457D-B58B-CC767547B4DF.jpeg

2A7619B9-EA28-4483-A0CE-B61287E68737.jpeg