The Rainbow Sheikh's collection...

scruff

I can remember reading about his collection in a mid 90's issue of Top Gear magazine, the room full of rainbow coloured Mercedes sticks in my mind as well as that massive Dodge although I'm sure that was in the desert at the time.

Yes Trig, I was just thinking about that article. The story of the rainbow Mercs I can't recall properly but it was good/mental. 

What's the car with the "PAL" badge...?? I thought they only existed in the pages of Jalopy.

No, that was Hamad bin Hamdan Al Nahyan.

Here he is and his Jeeeeep:

Sheikh_Hamad_bin_Hamdan_Al_Nahyan_with_l

He had his name dug into the sand, which formed water ways, because, y'know, he could:

Sheikh-Hamad-Bin-Hamdan-Al-Nahyan-had-hi

I did the same with my name on Pendine sands once, although you probably couldnt see it from space.

It was very prominent from 30 foot away ..

With the way the oil price has gone of late, they'll have less cash to spend.  There are already signs here that the effects are being felt.

That museum is just up the road a bit (well, 100 miles) on the other side of Abu Dhabi.  They have a giant S3 Landrover outside the front gate.

I hope the Shieks don't start collecting shite or we'll all be up the creek.

Well he's got two Indian built Fiats, an ARO Portaro and a Suzuki Jynmy golf buggy, he's made a start!

Plus if Abu Dhabi ever hosts a Gay Pride event and petrol is still available in 2170 or whenever, they will have the perfect fleet of parade vehicles.

I'm glad someone has saved a gullwing SEC, what was the name of the Swiss nutters who made them - Koenig?