UltraWomble

Wombles Wheels - ZONGSHEN ZS RANGER

Amazing just how badly a bike can go to ratshit sitting outside for a bit. My brother in laws nephew has just scrapped a three year old Aerox that had a whole 4 miles on the clock, just cos the gimp couldn't be arsed doing his theory test.

That's one of the few mopeds I've seen that looked worse than poor old Doom as found. Panels well worth having though.

The coil packs on all these little CDI ignition Hondas are the same - if you find you are in need I will happily wang you one in the post FOC.

You weren't tempted to make the owner a cheeky offer on the KC100 then? ;)

That's one of the few mopeds I've seen that looked worse than poor old Doom as found. Panels well worth having though.

Nah, not tempted with the KC - Ive enough shite old bikes for now. 

EVERY single fastening is rusted up solid - all 4 of the footplate bolts sheared off first crack of the ratchet. the two screws fastening the back the legshields to the steel footrest supports were just a rusty blob - as it happened the rusted foot support steel was so weak it just snapped off when I pulled the plastics back.

Its now sat in the garden leaking petrol whilst I get motivated to chop the last bits up with a grinder to free off the front mudguard and rear lights - I'll chop the engine out and see if the carb can be freed off, if not I'll try and ebay it as one job lot with the log book and plate to a fellow enthusiast nutter.

But I only really bought it for the panels and lights.

Had one of those (still in the shed), they're bloody fantastic to whizz along touching 40 (just).

Watch out for the fuel tanks, i went through 3 of the buggers before i realised the way they make 'em with the crappy welding on the threaded studs means that they will always start leaking after less than 50 miles, however that could have been because my particular one was so vibratey that it could shake the tits off of Pamela Anderson. My mates one was smooth as a normal moped and i think that allowed it to go faster, maybe his engine was slightly better balanced.

Getting pulled over riding it is why i now stick to driving a car instead, the look on the coppers face was worth it though.  :mrgreen:

Oh and i used to replace brake pads every 20 miles, but that was probably because i was too cheap to buy anything more than a £4 set of pads.

Edit: Another thing to remember is that motorists don't expect you to be doing 40 if you're not pedaling! Me and my mate used to get cars pulling out in front of us at junctions because they would misjudge our speed.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:27 PM, UltraWomble said:

Well its got two wheels and an engine....

s-l1600 (6).jpg

Not exactly subtle is it...great fun potential if you've got a lot of space off the public road though...

^^^ Mostly it will be used off road.

Mostly.

There may* be the occasional jaunt along the country lanes of Borwick to the pub.

Horrible Hyosung back home after a spirited run through rush hour traffic. Must re-fit the mirrors at some point, but I'll use it as it is for work in the morning.
Now the brakes are working as they should its not too bad. Not great, but not too bad.

60987771_1171603699694532_7674855048962113536_n.jpg

Predictably this is Foar Sayle

Its OK but giving my shoulder gyp. TBH I didnt really like it from the outset, but the shoulder pain* I get when riding this is justification enough to get rid.

Not a slouch, but a Hyosung GT250 based on an old Suzuki GS500 is never going to be a sublime riding experience. However I was nailing it like a loon this evening with  *cough" not at all legal speeds showing on the GPS, and its good with the traffic light grand prix. 12 months MOT - new battery - new chain, new sprocket, new rear tyre,  - brakes stripped & rebuilt - new fluid. 3 Keys V5, couple of spare bits. Starts, rides, stops as it should.

Id like something small and light - not really arsed about the engine size or make etc. Or flog it as is for £600.

£450

hyo4.jpg

Hyo3.jpg

Hyo2.jpg

60987771_1171603699694532_7674855048962113536_n.jpg

*Shoulder pain secondary to a fractured dislocation some 13 or so years ago - hasnt caused me issues for ages till I started to ride this daily

50cc bicycle proving to be a bit of a twat to start.

Ive chucked it in the shed for now. 

Bought a cheap grinder from eBay and Ive been having enormous fun with it - why didnt I get one years ago? Well I was having fun till the cutting disc decided it had had enough and said "fukoffff" as it whizzed past my ear

I did however remove the engine from the breaker vision. Viion now sliced up into managable small chunks and is off to the tip to go on its way to become baked bean tins.

62207586_1183633285158240_4396185819602223104_n.jpg

62624254_1183633331824902_3408866081991819264_n.jpg

Can't help but find myself drawn to mopeds like that, where they're plainly just bits of bicycle with an engine bolted on...more pictures please...

How close do you reckon it is to a runner?

7 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

How close do you reckon it is to a runner?

Runs - Rides - Brakes are marginal at best, lights do not currently illuminate.

Needs a new log book (* has old style log book) and once up to date will be TAX and MOT exempt.... Ideal for throwing in the back of the car and taking away with you.

Arsewanking Bunglecunts

Huge pool of standing water on Riversway this morning whilst the sky deposited the contents of the Irish Sea into Preston - driving down Riversway with traffic - wipers going full pelt barely keeping screen clear car in front brakes suddenly - I slow and "BANG" hit something hard in the large puddle front end of car dips - next thing "wubba wubba wubba" Ive got a flat. I can only assume that the manhole cover that has previously been dislodged in rainstorms has come unstuck again and Ive hit it at speed and destroyed my front tyre.

Drove at reduced speed to the garage half a mile away, by which time there is smoke and the stink of burning rubber.

Sky STILL depositing most of the Irish Sea onto Preston as I battle with changing the fecking wheel. Spare flat as a pancake - I have a shitty 12 v pump that takes an ice age to pump it up ( Im not spending 50p on the air line). I now have a backwards M&S tyre on the front rotating the wrong way. I'll sort it properly tomorrow.

EGlHPlMWsAAWdNe.thumb.jpg.07bda3e0954d75d1c92d4214642fbd90.jpg71970131_396524391039961_4408824134532857856_n.thumb.jpg.82c6ae14d77231e8d69b669ba44a6240.jpg

On 7/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, UltraWomble said:

And the serial moped botherer strikes again...

A 1979 Pug 103 SP (Sport???)

maxresdefault.jpg

Yours so posh with all your chrome, I wonder if the SP had the same power as my standard 103?

Mine is nearly ready for the road after all the work Panhard65 put in to it changing the crankshaft as the thread the generator side was buggered. It is now MOT except but I think I will put one on it for the first time back on the road, not that it has been on road that often as in its 40 years it has only clocked up 816 miles.  I got an insurance quote a few weeks ago but I think winter is coming so I will leave it for April 20 when it will be free tax. 

The photo is now this morning.

IMG_20191011_103858 broad.jpg

So

Its no secret that I hate the Hyosung.  Its heavy for a 250 and bloody uncomfortable.
They are also quite popular with the 125cc Hyo boys who like to bum them for their engines.

Ive probably made a mistake but Ive agreed to swap it for a ZONGSHEN ZS RANGER (otherwise badged up as a Lexmoto)

The way I look at it its a Korean bike with dubious reliability and build quality that Im swapping for a Chinese bike of dubious quality and reliability. If it lasts me till the MOT is out next May I'll be happy.

PE13GRK.jpg