UltraWomble

Wombles Wheels - Horrible Hyosung

I'd take it, but my guess is he won't give you that for it anyway. He doesn't seem to have asked any questions about it, he lives miles away, it's SORNED, needs a fair bit of work and there's only a short MOT.

I'm not saying that to spil your advert I hasten to add, it's just you can sort of sense this 'buyer' isn't going to bother.

TBH exactly what I thought - if he had been local I'd have taken the ton and laughed all the way to The Anchor....

12047644_487505024771073_126110501_n.jpg

I wont bore you with a collection thread as there is likely to be nothing remotely epic in any way shape or form about picking it up on Tuesday ( was supposed to be Monday but now working late).

They are taking FM in part chop. I are happy. Being the SVE example it has a fancy TV and out of date sat nav in the dash worked from the radio, I gather that any bit of the radio removed renders the whole lot (including air con) useless. WCPGW?

First impressions:

Its rather pleasant if dull.

• Integrated Shat Nav / heater controls / radio / CD are utterly shite and will no doubt cause a motorway pile up at some point. No way to upgrade the system at all other than pull the CD player out and hide it at the back of the dashboard and install a new system from scratch. Can I be arsed? Can I feckers like
  • Parking sensors don't function - again Im not right arsed about this as I dont really think they are needed on a car this size.
  • Interior lamp doesn't work on the door due to an iffy switch. Not massively arsed about this either as there are three roof mounted lamps I can flick on if needed.
  • Not as fast or responsive as the Picasso.
  • Spacesaver spare - means I can hide shitloads in the spare wheel well.

Otherwise its quite nice.

i've never understood the naysaying the n-form stereo/nav/heater controls get off everyone- i had a p12 primera and i found it a paragon of simplicity

left knob does volume- staion buttons as normal

right knob tempeature- as its climate control you dont need to mess with anything other than temp as the system is pretty good at getting the air distribution right

check under drivers seat to see if it has subwoofer- some nissans had ice upgade on sve and t-spec

camera was an option/std

video imput is possible

cd changer was option/std (clarion cv707)

i've never understood the naysaying the n-form stereo/nav/heater controls get off everyone- i had a p12 primera and i found it a paragon of simplicity

left knob does volume- staion buttons as normal

right knob tempeature- as its climate control you dont need to mess with anything other than temp as the system is pretty good at getting the air distribution right

check under drivers seat to see if it has subwoofer- some nissans had ice upgade on sve and t-spec

camera was an option/std

video imput is possible

cd changer was option/std (clarion cv707)

I have the heater pretty much set as I want it for now ( temp 22.5, set to window and feet) Radio - well I can get Rad 4 but miss my DAB and I can either go down the Pure Highway with FM transmitter or try the Yakamuta(?) plug in box which gives me MP3 and an aux input. I might do the latter.

Nothing under driver or passenger seat.

Has sensors in the rear bumper for the parking sensor, but nothing beeps or chimes - so either disabled by the last owner as annoying or removed / broken. Again, Im not right faffed by this though.

The voice on the sat nav is crap and I cant silence it - it just cuts into the radio but isnt loud enough to be heard (even when set to the maximum) At the moment however I seem to have been able to switch the sat nav off leavng the radio / heater display up - yay!!!

Added the obligatory Nissan 50 badge.

Blue one suits the car.

I've put one of these on each of my Nissan cars. The micra had a black one and the cherry went with my red one.

2590a63d78ae2f84fe2fb0d0c738c8f7.jpg

And of course the autoShite dealer sticker

bca0c1d96a7c81881934b6de208cfff3.jpg

Sent from my SM-C105S using Tapatalk

Where do you get the 'Nissan 50' badges from?  One of these would easily add 100bhp to my N15

The bay of E be your friend here - there is a guy in the Netherlands who has a seemingly endless supply of them for about £7

In other news the MicraShed is off to Blackburn College to be worked upon by their young and aspiring shite-ists - they were grateful for the donation and chuffed to bits that they have a free car that actually runs and moves under its own steam.

look behind front bumper the radiator panel on these likes to rust just for shits and giggles

Way ahead of you on this point and apart from a couple of blebs its OK so far - will be getting some K-Rust and then stone chip black treatments before the weather turns crap.

I hated my Almera's climate control too, because when you started the car up all the fans would go full tilt until it reached the temperature it was meant to be (also how are you supposed to know what temperature you want it? 19 degrees to a Geordie is a lovely summer's day, but it blows out freezing cold air?), and if you changed the fan speed it would go into a sulk and say "sod you then" and you had to change all of the very fiddly settings manually. Every other car I've had has been far better - cold? turn temp knob to right. Hot? turn it to the left. Adjust for screen/face/floor. Fan very easy to change. It was just hassle for no benefit.

I think it boils down to I hate machines thinking they know better, even the car I have at the minute switches the air con on by itself when the dial is set to face and screen, or screen. I usually remember to turn it off but if you stall it (and I do, about 10 times a week because the clutch is feckin awful), it has switched itself back on and I've driven for flippin miles with air con on nicely cooling the windscreen, wasting fuel.

These are smartly designed motors, I do like 'em.

Have you noticed the sound of the doors shutting are exactly the same as a K11 Micra? It's the first thing I notice when I get in my SiL's.

So the Almera came with a Space Saver ditchfiner

22823434037_ccf6c6440f.jpg

£30 of ebay alloy wheel later....

23191461566_372553f53c.jpg

Looks fab, but...

22921759440_81471fcd2b.jpg

Wont screw in this way up - so flipped it and...

22921753850_fe4e82a702.jpg

Space for all my crap! Could do with a couple of bungee cords over the top of it really. I might also get a thin bit of ply as currently just has a carpet over the top...

EDIT 22/11/15 

Fixorated broken photo links above and minor update -

The interior lamp was sporadic when I got the car - fortunately Chorley Nissan were peddling one on eBay  - initially up for £25 no one bid on it - re listed at £18 with free delivery I thought why not.

Today I fitted it and installed some LED lighting - much brighter inside now and the lights work when the door opens as opposed to when you jiggle the switch with your finger.

23216327275_6237d8b977.jpg

Winter (actually all year round) Rubber put on the C8 - £47 a tyre from Tyreleader an then another tenner fitting and balancing.

23807186591_17d0ae1b70_z.jpg

Wasp is back from having rust removed and paint applied - now being screwed back together, needs a throttle cable and choke cable

23756090092_d3bce9fbd9_z.jpg

Almera had its airbag recall fettling and also supposedly a water leak through the NS door fixed.

I had one of those "OH SHIT" moments today when we went up to the caravan - Mrs Womble wanted to take her car ( if Im honest I think she likes being in cars the size of a tank and gets uneasy being low down) so we all piled out of the house and - "the front door wont open" she says then starts frantically plipping the remote to lock and unlock the car ( by this point the rear doors are open ) so the car wont lock and just goes "Beeeeeeeeeeep" to let you know you are being a bloody fool pressing the lock button when obviously there is a door open.

In she climbs through the drivers door into the passenger seat and lets me drive, and off we go with visions of having to wreck the door card filling my head.

So we get to the supermarket (en route) because she wants some bits, so whilst she goes in I have a quick Google the problem of a failed deadlock - and lo, someone with a Skoda has had the same problem and rather than wreck the door card if the solenoid can be heard grinding then sometimes a good twatting can get the lock open again thusly:

Pulling the door handle, have a second willing volunteer operate the central locking mechanism repeatedly whilst you "gently tap the door where the lock is located".

Cue me in Sainsburys car park, yanking on the door handle of a C8 belting the door with my fist shouting "open you pile of garlic shite"

What do you know, locked it and unlocked it again and it worked and the door sprang open. So there you go, a tip for the future if your deadlock jams.

Discovered the trees have been culled at the caravan site - supposedly to make way for some landscaping, personally I think the site owner will be banging some more vans on there before long.

24000334350_24f072bdd6_z.jpg

Latest addition to the fleet....

24241711061_bb37b94a43_z.jpg

With a blistering 5 BHP MOT until next September and 11000 miles on the clock.

Bought for the simple task of ferrying my fat arse to Uni twice a week whilst I do this course work are putting me through where I have two options when travelling by car ( or three)

1) get up before everyone else in Preston and park down the one side street with no yellow lines

2) Pay £10 a day parking

3) Pay £2 for the park and ride then still have to walk nearly a mile to where my lessons are.

Cock flaps & flange

FTP this morning - despite carb cleaner bollocking thing would not rev and kept cutting out.

Cue desperate dive into car & flung it into a 2 hour parking spot near Uni, legged it into the class ( Skin this morning before a session in the dissecting suite) then legged it back to the car in time to see a Traffic Womble making a note in his book and looking at his watch  - now parked bloody miles away and Im off back shortly to delve into a pair of lungs.

Dunno if fuel is not getting through and its crap in the lines or what.

Fanny :(

EDIT:

Well, I went into the local bike dealers, Shorrocks, and asked them about taking it in (because: COLD and I CBA stripping the carb and fuel filter off to clean out) and was met with the regulation sucking air through their teeth and "its getting parts for them you see, its a SYM"  and "We could look at it, but cant say we would be able to do anything with it".

Which is a shame really, I like Shorrocks generally and have bought a lot of kit off them in the past. Still there is a SYM main agent the other side of town who is only too willing to take my hard earned.

TBH, the 50 is painfully lethargic and I was going to ask to trade it in for a Honda they have, but as they clearly dont want to be arsed with it, bollocks to them and I'll trade it at the main dealer for something with a bit more poke.

Couldn't you approach a friendly University type person to arrange one off parking on campus if you were really stuck?

Uni's are all about student retention these days so it couldn't hurt to ask.

Couldn't you approach a friendly University type person to arrange one off parking on campus if you were really stuck?

Uni's are all about student retention these days so it couldn't hurt to ask.

Its fine, most of the time Im in Brook building but they are afternoon sessions so by then parking is wedged, I generally park down by Goss or in Plungie and walk in. Now I have the Burgervan I'll be able to set off later and dump it by the doors.....

They look interesting. Whassit like to ride?

Quite nice, there seems to be a slight lag between opening the throttle and it picking up speed but I assuming thats because its a rubberbandmatic, certainly not a slouch around the town, Heavy compared to my last bike but has a low CoG and seems quite stable despite the tiny wheels.

Really usefully there is a cut out in the floor for your legs when you put your feet down.

Mahoosive storage space under the seat too.

Need to find an Autoshite sticker for the screen now....