UltraWomble

Wombles Wheels - Forum Bike Yaris

Seeing as nobody ever answered - TSIs have timing chains made of cheese, there was a big spate of failures on them around 2010-12 (not long after mainstream introduction on the Golf and Polo), for all I know it could be still going on (see also Passat electric handbrake). VWs have gone to shit.

That's definitely a suicide machine - it's not even a good quality bike. Wonder how long it'd go before a (probably structural) FTP...

Dilemma time again in the Womble household....

Current fleet:

Bumflan 125 - local transport mainly to uni or when I want free parking (cos I are skinflint) occasional jaunts down the M6/M65

C8 - load lugger, only towcar in the house and people lugabout for fruit of my fertile loins.

Almera - daily run of the mill daily and smaller lugabout when we dont need the carrying capacity of the C8 as its easier to park.

Xantia - broken and unlikely to ever be repaired.

Now currently I am debating chopping the Bumflan in for a one of a larger capacity which will handle the odd jaunt up the M6 a bit better -  there is a 200 for sale locally for £1700 with 6000 miles on the clock, the issue is I bought the bumflan and its Dismally predecessor on the grounds I was only going to keep it for the duration of the Uni course - and it looks like Im going to be dropping out of that quite soon as I have bitten off far more than I can chew with it really. So Mrs Womble ( who hates me on anything two wheeled) wants me top get rid and certainly doesn't want me to get anything with a larger cc these days ( she equates big bikes with me killing myself).

I also fancy another 4x4 - this would be purely a toy - Ive done my time on the Terrano II/ Maverick spade and dont want another one of those, but do want something SWB - doesnt matter about seats in the back so Im happy to have a commercial. Currently got a Fourtrack commercial on my watch list - similar price to the Bumflan 200.

Im debating binning the Xantia off as its worth feck all and I dont think I'll ever get it fixed.

Not really looking for a definitive answer - I know I'll get more use out of the MaxiScoot than a 4x4, but I really have a 4x4 itch that needs a proper off road scratch. I cant have both and Mrs Womble is more likely to be happy about me having a 4x4 toy (well actually she will moan like fuck about that if Im honest). Or I could divorce her and buy what the hell I like. Thing is she is rather nice and no fucker else would shag me.

Dilemma....

Suzuki bumflan 125

Burgman maxi scooterped

Sent from my SM-C105S using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of buying a motorbike. Something with 1000 cc for £1000 or something with 600 cc for £1500 (Insurance factors given no ncb for a bike)

98fa440661283a1018cf0b414a0387f8.jpg

Ebay.

Utter Shite.

Looked in on my phone and thought well those two have suddenly jumped up in price.

Checked both auctions for the bicycle death machine and the frontera and no bids.

Had notifications come in on my phone saying you didn't win.

Then bugger me an email saying g have won.

Their interface with the mobile app is utter Shite.

Sent from my SM-C105S using Tapatalk

Sooooo.

I fancied one of these.

Or a moped.

And this came up first - a sneaky bid and bumf tis mine.

12974351_582502011938040_538585754936948

Collectionering involved getting the bus to Euxton, walking half a mile or so through some sprawling new build housing estate with really erratic house numbering and a quick crash course in how to ride.... Pedal, pop clutch, throttle, pull clutch in when braking, kill switch and choke for winter use. And then away I went...

Lethal is one word that springs to mind.

Mental is another.

But huge grin factor of eleventy achieved for the cost of a curry in Lancaster...

[insert picture of my bill for a curry in Lancaster]

Love it.

Not trying to be Buzz Killington here but isn't it technically illegal to ride pretty much anywhere? Is it for off-road or private land or what?

The heros way would be to try and get it through an IVA and road register it. :)

Love it.

Not trying to be Buzz Killington here but isn't it technically illegal to ride pretty much anywhere?

Yes it is officer.

Im not even sure about the legalities of riding it on a road without the engine on, I suspect also very illegal - however I have bought it **Cough** to use on the caravan park where there is the mother father and baby bear of hills to get up to get to the shop. Not at all will I be riding it into the local village to visit the post office or public house. Just conked out of pez and 2T so I'll have to take my can and fill it up - small leak at the carb noticed.

FAIREENUFFM8.

I'm sure you're at more risk from physical injury than police interferance anyway, I bet you could probably get away with feigning ignorance the first few times if you accidentally strayed onto a public highway or footpath.

Stay safe yo. :-)

Sooooo.

I fancied one of these.

Or a moped.

And this came up first - a sneaky bid and bumf tis mine.

12974351_582502011938040_538585754936948

through some sprawling new build housing estate with really erratic house numbering

Opposite the Fire Service college at Washington Hall?

Not really my bag and fussier than my wife to run - Ive had to take the plug out and clean whenever I want to start it before it will fire up. However when running is bloody bonkers and feels fast. 2 stroke, pedal & pop the clutch.

If anyone fancies giving me the £80 I paid for it or swapping it for something else either two, three or four wheeled then let me know.

25888353313_9ff59c9498_b.jpg

26218335300_4bb8bf84df_b.jpg

26465254376_419d76e374_b.jpg

Located in near Junction 29 of the M6 / Junction 1 of the M65 / Junction 9 of the M61

Its no good it has to go one way or the other - spotted a Kawasaki locally that I like the look of and a mate is making noises about a poorly Douglas that needs some TLC that may be ££cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/351712222545?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Well, Im certainly in the mood for another bike - preferaby something "classic" so current contenders for a sub £bag bike are:

Tomos (and I have a real soft spot for these as I had one as my first ever bike)

13077079_584186078436300_812351901837132

Bastardised Kwak 175 running a Suzzy 100 donk

13001137_584186045102970_828133256802874

And the wild card....

A CB350

$_57.JPG

Although ebay are being twats and have suspended my account for three days due to a policy violation where they say that screwdriver bits are a knife.

Righto, Autocycle still here - £60 firm will take it away. The issue was with the fuel pipe and I have a new one on order which if it arrives before it leaves my ownership I will fit. Its a giggle when it runs.

Want a classic ped or motorbike to play with so if anyone has something they are thinking of selling please tip me a nod.

Yes, the Burgman is up for sale.

No, there isnt anything wrong with it, but I dont need to jag to Uni now until September so Im freeing up funds for a classic ( in negotiations for another Vespa and got my eye on a GPZ305 amongst others)

16500 ish miles owned by Barry Cade of this parish before me.

Only thing apart from an oil change is that I have fitted a Givi top box to enhance the already HUGE luggage compartment under the seat.

2 keys, hand book, V5c MOT till July this year and "get you home tax".

12644664_551104551744453_164641539125272

12548986_551104585077783_526190978830232

Aftermarket Gran Turisimo exhaust that gives it oodles of power*

26018899170_bf54e5188c_c.jpg

Will come with new headlamp ( as bulbs apparently siliconed in) Hump will be replaced and also the fuel flap needs re-fitting (has a cap as well, but the locking flap came unclipped).

Ive been getting 85mpg from it

Its no slouch and Ive added a DATATAG to it as well as the Givi box.

Looking for what it owes me really which is £600 and its located in Lostock Hall south Preston.

So the bumflan went to pastures new for the bargainous price of £400. To be honest I had dealt with so many bloody idiots on Gumtree and eBay that it was a relief when someone rocked up with a roll of £20's and a crash helmet that I didnt argue.

I mean, what is it with Gumtree  - someone will just email "250". I mean does it really expend that much more energy to type - "the bike looks shit mate, would you take £250"? Or whatever else they are thinking? And then if they do send you a figure you think "yeah, I'll take that" you reply and they dont - what is the point? I mean seriously, why? I have so many better things to be doing with my time than scouring Gumtree and firing off random emails saying £300, 400, half a cow, £550 etc.

Anyway - the new two wheeled beastie is here all the way from Wales via Scotland its now residing in Preston land... The Honda Grom..

26775391320_ba41de410e.jpg

If you know anything about the MSX you will be aware of the utterly shart idea that Honda had of making the orange indicators double up as DRL's and light up orange all the time, exept when turning then it winks - only you have one solid amber and one winking amber light at the front of the bike.

Confused? You wouldnt be the only one and many a close call seems to have been had by Grom riders at roundabouts.

Thanks Honda. So there is a modification you can do and I have don it to mine where you get some smoked white front lenses from a CB500F and then a pair of "switchback" LED bulbs that alternate retina burning white and amber - then  you need to swap the indicator relay for one that will work with LED bulbs and once you have done that Robert is your Mothers Brother...

27420006755_25fc5d94a3.jpg26811333514_db9be9096b_n.jpg

Anyway - today I had my hand up a rubber bottom examining a rubber prostate and then I had to write about it for three hours, once that was over i decided to take advantage of the strange yellow thing in the sky and do some odd jobs on the Grom  - first up, fettling the indicator relay so that the wink interval was suitable to keep Mr MOT man happy. 

26811917523_d29f485e2c_n.jpg

Then some engine mushrooms all the way from China ( because £Cheaper by a shitload than RG ones from England)

27419102025_2a9e586a68_n.jpg 

And a fender extender to keep water and shit off the sparking plug

A sidestand foot to spread the load a bit more was bolted on

27385067226_9e0af23d2c_n.jpg

And finally a new gear selector linkage was bolted on to replace the shart OE version that wears for fun.

26811885413_8df992759e_n.jpg

And then when that was all done I doused it liberally with ACF50 and then spent half an hour behaving like a hooligan down the local back lanes. Its not big, its certainly not powerful but bloody hell its a laugh.

would your front :lol: or back bottom complain if you went to bellerby for a burger on sunday :D

The front bottom would ( we are at the MIL's Sunday) - Im also nt sure what number plate to display on the bike at the mo as the DVLA seem to have ballsed up the reg transfer of KO0 5HAZ

Fitted the rear rack today - annoyingly I cant get my Givi box & base plate to marry up, but that said its bloody huge and looked a bit daft on the Grom. Lots of swearing took place this morning - one its a a three handed job to fit a rack and the standard tail - in the end I resorted to that old stalwart GAFFA TAPE to hold the rack in place whilst I got the first bolt in - and two - HONDA you utter bunglecunts why put an angled hollow tube thats exactly the right size for the tail section bolt to fall into right in front of the rearmost tail section bolts - that took some retrieving. Im going to Dynax S90 the tubes then bung them up with some mastic.

Rear plate held on with zip ties because I are an arse and lost the fixing bolts.

13330941_599477396907168_577129993768265