tell me about Mercedes SLKs

messerschmitt owner

I enjoyed mine greatly. Only passed it on due to interior space issues. Which won't apply to 99% of the AS population.

http://autoshite.com/topic/17351-topless-german-hardcore-extreme-sexfist/

Get a Kompressor if you can. And s dark interior. The lighter "biscuit" and such plastics do wear and look bad.

I found mine to be solid, rapid, comfortable and reliable. The noise with the top down was amazing and it was pretty good on fuel.

I had the roof off as long as it wasn't raining and enjoyed every mile.

I didn't have it long so cannot speak of common faults, but check the roof works.

Mine had none, but most of this vintage seem to have surface arch plebs. Which is apparently nothing to worry about*

You also usually get the trademark front wing rust in that usual mercedes area ahead of the arch.

Mpg from memory was low thirties on town driving on economy gearbox mode. Which I think is great for a 2.3. Just means pulling away in 2nd unless you hit kickdown.

My 1.8 K series VVC only manages about 27mpg!

I like the R170's and the latest R172s, but the R171's have a weird driving position / rear suspension interface that sends shocks directly into my hips and makes me feel a bit nauseous.

R170 styling has started to look really nice and subtle now, 230K best but 320 completely understandable. Or SLK32AMG if you're a bit mental. Machine spun aluminium in the cabin of some is nice. TBH I've never heard of a 100K supercharger rebuild being a thing, but an EML light or lack of power can be due to a split hose which requires removal of said supercharger to access. Vario roofs require frequent exercise.

I'd have a silver one.