'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

1 hour ago, ProgRocker said:

Probably worth it for parts. Would make a good source for someone already with one. Parts for these are increasingly difficult. What would make it expensive would be moving it unless it was broken on the spot and loaded in a van. 

On 8/13/2019 at 8:55 AM, busmansholiday said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.59c573b53fd7c0eb5fb7935e4eba27b9.jpg

Think £9.99 is 9 quid too much.

Still for sale. Is this not just somebody's idea of fun? List it and sit back and wait for the messages...?

Does it run? When was it last on the road? Can you deliver it to Penzance I will pay when you get here? How many owners has it had? My uncle had one - is it his, he lived near you? How many will it do to the gallon? Does it have an MoT...etc etc....zzzzzzzzzzz

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 9:16 PM, lesapandre said:

Still for sale. Is this not just somebody's idea of fun? List it and sit back and wait for the messages...?

Does it run? When was it last on the road? Can you deliver it to Penzance I will pay when you get here? How many owners has it had? My uncle had one - is it his, he lived near you? How many will it do to the gallon? Does it have an MoT...etc etc....zzzzzzzzzzz

I would think it would be quite economial on fuel seeing as half the bugger is missing lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, richardthestag said:

in a similar vein

s-l1600.jpg

No engine,

No v5c

scrap it mate it's fucked

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover/283660185248?hash=item420b76eea0:g:iXEAAOSwqApduxV7

And bless him for bidding it up to £1850

Reminds me of one I spotted in a lay-by on my way to work many many years ago. Apparently they tried to a-frame it..... then it snapped. 

9439077B-DCD1-4DC8-92ED-F9EA533AB9CC.jpeg

Can imagine the conversation with the landys new owner...

'Yeah, you just rebuild it onto a new galvanised chassis, replace anything it needs as I go. Then get the body panels it needs, wire it all up, new set of wheels and tyres, prob need brakes and suspension bushes...'

In otherwords, if you break any windows or cant find a new white letter Z you have bought all the parts and assembled your own fcukin land rover.

The only good thing is if you actually do all that you will at some point have to drive and be seen driving it, thats punishment enough!

Jaguar MK7 MK8 MK9  (whatever you want)  Available in The Netherlands.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-onderdelen/carrosserie-en-plaatwerk/m1476626649-jaguar-mk7-mk8-mk9-body-parts.html

image.png.31a994d12e7c4caabb4e6026b019e850.png

image.png.b4792cdb94a89810e514298020eb9e07.png

image.thumb.png.cfd66c725666542595240e944f24fe5a.png

Not even two complete halves. Maybe do a Morris 1000 and add a filler piece to make it wider?

6 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Jaguar MK7 MK8 MK9  (whatever you want)  Available in The Netherlands.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/auto-onderdelen/carrosserie-en-plaatwerk/m1476626649-jaguar-mk7-mk8-mk9-body-parts.html

image.png.31a994d12e7c4caabb4e6026b019e850.png

image.png.b4792cdb94a89810e514298020eb9e07.png

image.thumb.png.cfd66c725666542595240e944f24fe5a.png

Not even two complete halves. Maybe do a Morris 1000 and add a filler piece to make it wider?

Looks like wall art and maybe a desk/sofa to me

4 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

And also... Reserve not met.

Quote from seller:

"Please don’t offer me £2k , cheapest engine on eBay is £5k "

I have little experience of torched vehicles, but it looks to me as though the front of that thing is where most of the fire action has taken place. How much use would such an engine be?

On the one hand, the fire might have raged for just five minutes and it was nowhere near hot enough or long enough to heat up and damage the big metal bits, so block, head, manifolds even would all be usable. OTOH, who'd want to spend the time/money replacing all the melted bits, only to find out the whole thing was toast? Only someone hell bent on getting such an engine for peanuts, not >2k.

Verdict: seller is deluded.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk