'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

this sort of shit never fails to amuse me.

how fucked exactly should your Range Rover dash be if you consider purchasing this one with a load of holes drilled badly into the middle of it.

If it were free I would think twice* and still reject it

*If only for the gauges which look like cheapo crap

£39.99 buyer collects to you my son

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/range-rover-classic-dashboard/253229688287

s-l1600.jpg

verdict - lob it on the tip mate

For someone whose dash is all cracked up, this might* be seen as an improvement?

But not for 40 quid, that's for sure!

Nowt to do with me, and that looks a lot like the top yard at craghead where all the interesting people from Burnhope congregate.

I'm also curious about th '67 E on the remains of a mk1 shell mind, but not curious enough to go asking Robbie about it.

Edit, he thinks it's S reg? lol, thick cunts. It is who I thought it was btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told that this is the very last 1972 K registration Post office telephone Managers van making it very very rare.

Ok so competition time!, My Range Rover Reg number is unique therefore making it even more rare than ^^ that 1/4 of a rusty moggie van

Fuckin hell that Merc is grim

no shit, that should have been crushed, some attempt has been made to get something out of it with the cuts to the passenger screen post, but nowt else. Like they were dragging a carcass out.

makes me shiver, like when I was working in a wreck of a TR7 on top of a pile, got myself in, was pulling the dash apart and looked up to find what I can only assume was a chunk of some poor bastards scalp wedged under the sunroof handle. could not fucking get out quick enough

Fuckin hell that Merc is grim

Ebay seller recons it was previously a Cat C.  There's no way that should be anything less than a Cat B now.  Stunned it's not, although I can only assume the owner had a "single vehicle incident" and the vehicle left the road completely, meaning the Emergency services weren't needed to move the car, and no insurance claim has been made, hence no assessor write-off category.

Utter fucking mess though.  I'm in the process of breaking a same-year W210 saloon, and they are made of solid stuff.. even the standard 40% offset frontal crash test on these shows a vehicle that performs remarkably well, and better than many vehicles 10-15 years it's junior, so quite how fast/hard that crash had to be, christ alone knows.

Engine maybe.  Box perhaps.  Everything else looks like it's toast.  Do not want!

while that might have been worth a couple of hundred 5 years ago, that price is not as far wide of the mark as it might seem. if it was a genuine 1972 car that is. I would want a closer look to be sure

With early axle numbers, engine and box that could easily make the selling price in parts alone