'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

On 9/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, 808 Estate said:

This made me laugh. How the fuck are you supposed to stop when the brake failure light comes on.

Although I guess you could stick your feet through the floor Flintstone stylee.

s-l1600.jpg

The length of time it would take to get this pile of bean tins to run again you’d be 99% of the way to being a corpse so a brake failure may be a blessed relief.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, 808 Estate said:

This made me laugh. How the fuck are you supposed to stop when the brake failure light comes on.

Although I guess you could stick your feet through the floor Flintstone stylee.

s-l1600.jpg

that’s the Citroen lamp = you should stop now but can’t ha ha.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 11:24 AM, GrumpyCat said:

That didn't take long...

Thats covered in Japanese Knotweed. Which almost certainly has spread to wherever the car was moved (and many places en route). Highly irresponsible. Its a bloody menace. 

Also that guy presenting it is like Kevin McCloud from Grand Designs. 

31 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

It’s still worth good money, An original 80” (accept for the hard top) no door handles and no indicators in the wings and possibly a cross flow 1.6 ?. looks like the passenger side trafficator may still be attached to the windscreen frame 

On 25/10/2022 at 22:14, MantaGTE85 said:

Shit the bed! The DVLA site does actually say date of liability 30/6/78! I thought their computerisation started in 1983. Or have they changed it now? 

computerisation began on the 1st of October 1974 :) 

any vehicle newly registered from that point onwards would be on the then New V5 scheme

existing vehicles had *until* 1983 to get themselves computerised, you used to be able to see this on older V5's where it would say for example "Number of Former keepers 2 since June 1975" as when a vehicle was computerised its keeper count was not transferred over from the buff logbook, so this was simply to say the keeper count does not extend before this date, and it may of had 100 keepers previously!

however at some point in time, the DVLA had an active policy of taking records which had not seen any activity since before 1983 and archiving them off the main system, so when an end user like you or me, looks them up they just produce no result, when this happened I dont know sadly,

for example lets say in 1970 you buy an MGB, then in 1975 you exchange its buff logbook for a V5 and get it computerised at your local DVLC office, then say in 1979 it comes off the road, today if someone was to look up its registration mark it would produce no result, appearing as if it never got computerised, when it very much did

however if you have such a vehicle and apply for its logbook and prove that the vehicle does indeed still exist, they will un-archive the record and set it back up on the main computer system :) 

which is what I suspect happened with the Anglia 

and again *any* vehicle which was registered on and after the 1st of October 1974 will have a record still with the DVLA today somewhere, be it on the main computer or in archival form :) 

even if it came off the road on the 2nd of October 1974 :) 

On 9/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, FakeConcern said:

TADTS

Mine cracked where head tube meets downtube, got it welded up and sprayed. Apparently orange is/was a bona fide colour

Screenshot_20221028-081208-712.png

10 hours ago, grogee said:

TADTS

Mine cracked where head tube meets downtube, got it welded up and sprayed. Apparently orange is/was a bona fide colour

Screenshot_20221028-081208-712.png

That looks so good and I’ve never seen one in that colour either in person or on the internet, do you still have it? Thanks for posting and do you mind if I share the pic on a Bianchi Bookface page?

1 hour ago, FakeConcern said:

That looks so good and I’ve never seen one in that colour either in person or on the internet, do you still have it? Thanks for posting and do you mind if I share the pic on a Bianchi Bookface page?

That was the Fur Seal pic, I punted it on (too many bikes) but I'm certain I found an orange one somewhere on the net. It was originally the bluey green though. Nice bike, apart from the crack. 

I fell off it on Oxford St in front of a bus with my feet stuck in the (clipless) pedals. 

By all means share away, I may have some more 

On 10/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, goosey said:

It’s still worth good money, An original 80” (accept for the hard top) no door handles and no indicators in the wings and possibly a cross flow 1.6 ?. looks like the passenger side trafficator may still be attached to the windscreen frame 

Sold for £4800 in the end. 😯