'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

4 hours ago, paolodivichio said:

Have we had this one yet? Looks like there more leaves than metal in it...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384771275312

s-l1600.jpg

talks about valuable number plate

then says it needs to be V765'ed

fucking LOL

(for those who dont know a V765'ed registration mark is non transferable)

the gets longer and shorter bit gave me a good chuckle mind :) 

On 09/03/2022 at 13:00, bunglebus said:

"Brave restoration". I suppose you could rebuild the car around the badge and call it a resto

Or you could steal one, and swap the ID and call it theft and fraud. 

There should be a simple way of reporting such vehicles to the DVLA so they are given a special marker, and the only way to get them registered is with video proof of a full restoration. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, New POD said:

Or you could steal one, and swap the ID and call it theft and fraud. 

There should be a simple way of reporting such vehicles to the DVLA so they are given a special marker, and the only way to get them registered is with video proof of a full restoration. 

You used to be able to report these to vehicle fraud

vehiclefraud@avcis.pnn.police.uk

Not done it for years but the acted upon the few I reported.

28 minutes ago, Ben_O said:

You used to be able to report these to vehicle fraud

vehiclefraud@avcis.pnn.police.uk

Not done it for years but the acted upon the few I reported.

Did you get feedback. I used to put them on report a crime anonymously. But you don't get feedback obviously. 

6 hours ago, New POD said:

Did you get feedback. I used to put them on report a crime anonymously. But you don't get feedback obviously. 

Yeah, I ended up dealing with the same guy by emailing him directly.

It was a few years back when there was a constant stream of classic mini ringing kits on ebay and adverts for late injection minis with early tax exempt registrations with some being advertised as "re-shells" despite the fact the car was obviously entirely a late 90's car

As so many Minis were being stolen, I just felt compelled to keep passing any details on and being a moderator on theminiforum.co.uk, I would receive links to pass on from other members as well

I remember one of the reported cars being advertised on ebay as an early tax exempt car that was infact a very late 90's MPI cooper sportspack. 

AVCIS informed me that they went out to view the car and confiscated it. I believe it was found on a stolen vehicle database once they discovered the cars true identity. I often wonder if it found its was back to its rightful owner

7 hours ago, Ben_O said:

AVCIS informed me that they went out to view the car and confiscated it. I believe it was found on a stolen vehicle database once they discovered the cars true identity. I often wonder if it found its was back to its rightful owner

My understanding is that if the insurance company paid out, it will belong to them. They will sell it via copart or similar as stolen recovered.  The previous owner may be allowed to buy it back, but they may have spent the money. 

A bloke I worked with had a mk3 Spitfire stolen, and it was found, but the claim hadn't gone through, so he got it back, with smashed lights and slashed seats. 

On 3/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, DavidB said:

Probably not bad for £350 really. Put a couple of grand into it to make a couple of grand out of it though.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/459159039272102

274290631_5110925305638136_5993036637414435728_n.jpg

274841269_4715754415190081_8449689862365030672_n.png

I'd be wary of that, looks to be an S1, probably stolen and stripped of any saleable parts, if that is the case then i'm surprised that the suspension, brakes and dash are still on. Of course it could have been in a minor front end collision and stripped rather than repaired, but then why try to sell it?

• 2 weeks later...

278898814_10166453196845121_355522780964 278913832_10166453196870121_672529875305

£1000 each Ono Vintage freight waggon possibly 1930s ideal project for glamping pod, air B and B, summerhouse, mancave it’s got endless potential! structurally sturdy frame still encased in its original wood buyer to remove and collect 2 available any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Endless horseshit maybe.