'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

23 hours ago, martc said:

Slightly off-piste this one, and more like 'just bloody recycle it/them'. £3150, they're not just 'very rare', they're unique.

image.thumb.png.908ef0f17fda067d6aae3356aecae727.png

image.thumb.png.b67b49edfd74d541dfab0d53e0c448d5.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123498897304?hash=item1cc11b9f98:g:zcMAAOSwLSZb8a~v

There's a fella who works at one of the places I visit for my job. He's got an ebay shop and has been trying to sell his own tax disks for years. Literally. Only* £150 for twenty to you lot.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273823809885

Screenshot_20210504-160107_eBay.jpg

I imagine these would be the people who would tell me that I was "sitting on a pot of gold" because I have a set of tax discs for the same vehicle dated from 1995 all the way to 2002. I somehow don't think tax disc collecting has as much of a following as stamp collecting has.

I bought one from ebay for 50p that showed its expiry a year after my W124 was registered. The reg on it was in ballpoint pen and very faded, so easy enough to overwrite it.

I have loads of old tax discs kept over the years, but cannot remember why I just didn't bin them

Going by the panel (and roof) damage, the Elford RX7 looks like it's been crashed/flipped - possibly not long after it was last sold.

I'd guess the remains were then left to gently marinade outdoors in the Great British Weather for a decade or so.

Then - voila! - someone strips the engine and anything else salvageable, and it hits the market at 4.4 times its previous selling price, because HEDGE FIND M9.

Dude, if you've already stripped it, it's not an 'anything' find. It's not a project. It's just a broken, rotten shell looking for a date with destiny at a metal recycler.

I'm guessing the seller perceives that the real value here lies in the V5, whose presence is mentioned several times... can anyone say 'ring-a-ding-ding'?

9 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Going by the panel (and roof) damage, the Elford RX7 looks like it's been crashed/flipped - possibly not long after it was last sold.

I'd guess the remains were then left to gently marinade outdoors in the Great British Weather for a decade or so.

Then - voila! - someone strips the engine and anything else salvageable, and it hits the market at 4.4 times its previous selling price, because HEDGE FIND M9.

Dude, if you've already stripped it, it's not an 'anything' find. It's not a project. It's just a broken, rotten shell looking for a date with destiny at a metal recycler.

I'm guessing the seller perceives that the real value here lies in the V5, whose presence is mentioned several times... can anyone say 'ring-a-ding-ding'?

I'd imagine there's no value at all in the V5 on account of the Elford cars being a dealer conversion; you could fit the extras and stickers to any UK RX7 and it would be a pretty good facsimile of the real thing.

Yes - but does the seller think that a potential buyer would know that, or is hoping that someone, somewhere will go OMG JDM YO TURBO NUTTER BASTARD V5 £££££ and lob on a cheeky bid...

You and I know there's not much value in any of that 'car' beyond weighbridge mixed metals money... Maybe the rear hatch, but that's about it.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, sutty2006 said:

I mean, fuck me. It’s a 1998 Honda CRV. Probably been crushed by the doovlaa because no Tax or MOT. Ran out in 2019 and no info on tax is a weird one. 2018s mot advisories are for lots of corrosion then the 19 mot must have been a dodgy one for “one last trip”. Probably needs 3k to sort bail. 

3EDDC4EC-FA15-4963-B3E3-BD15BE19326C.png

006A50CC-5673-478C-942D-E366BAE8977F.png

Might have been quicker to list what wasn't wrong with it lol

6 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

In need of love? Does the average petrolhead produce that much love in a lifetime? I heard you get the equivalent of a bucketful.

I dont think emptying that over it is going to fix anything!

On 5/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, bunglebus said:

To be fair, the advert does say "basket case or spares" and at a sale price of £500, that's probably reasonable if the running gear is complete.  It's also a good set of glass , probably some rare trim etc.etc.    I suspect it's actually a good thing that someone listed this for sale so it can be broken for spares rather than just crushing it complete.

Looks like someone already has scrapped this one tbf.

Description is quite honest, you can tell they just barely got it that far on the truck without it disintegrating.

Brave project + Need a tilt and slide to move = ITFFM,BT

863dc42f4705adbab7b0f7d6200897b7.jpg

Very rare metro van 1275 engine
sold as a brave project
It’s rotten
Been off the road for years
But has bags of potential
You don’t come across these vans for sale the
Last one I’ve seen was listed 2 and half years ago
I have logbook and keys hear for it
And all 4 original wheels with centre caps
I have the front grill and head light surrounding
£1000 buys it
You will need a tilt and slide recovery to move it I’m in Bradford West Yorkshire Read Less[/quite]

Just bloody, er sink it?

185001786_10225160214417442_589406856240

boat project for sale don't know the make bought this to do my self but got two caravans to do so need the space. trailer included with new wheels and tyres so ready to go just needs trailerboard.cheap summer project for someone.you can message me to arrange viewing.ps year not known but wouldn't let me list unless I put a year in.ive also found a fuel can and two anchors which I will throw in. £500

Moar fibreglass....

184329319_305816600994395_44291364142657

Five caravans fir spares or repairs. Good shassis make catering vans [hidden information] £50 each Must collect today Please no idiots wanting. More photos and a two day messaging come and get them From A1 caravan great north road LS25 5 LQ

Going to be totally simples* to make a 'catering van' from something even banger racers would reject.