'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 9:43 PM, Alfa botherer said:

Why. The. Actual Fuck.
I Have so many questions about the train of though as to why such a thing exists other than "fucking dubbers" 

On 12/21/2019 at 2:13 PM, warch said:

Quoted from the advert; Plastics around engine no good from heat, everything else looks good.

Phew so apart from all the bits of the engine that are made from plastic like the computer(s), the hoses, the loom, often the inlet manifold and sensors it should be fine.  

And every rubber, nitrile or silicon seal.

7 hours ago, New POD said:

It's an interesting "concept" 

I'm not sure how much A class drugs you need to think of the idea.  

I know a few very good Engineers who could have advised them on chassis design

Screenshot_20200105-072901_eBay.jpg

To be honest there are people from primitive cultures as yet untouched by the modern world who would take one look at that and say (and I paraphrase their exact words) 'That looks fucking shit mate'.

1 hour ago, PhilMcCrakin said:

Actually, if I had 750 quid spare, and the space to reassemble it, I'd be bidding on that. Far worse than that has gone for a higher price, and being a Kingston upon Thames one adds to the value. Seriously isn't over priced in my view.

17 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Actually, if I had 750 quid spare, and the space to reassemble it, I'd be bidding on that. Far worse than that has gone for a higher price, and being a Kingston upon Thames one adds to the value. Seriously isn't over priced in my view.

You are a brave man, that said if you need a hand putting it back together give me a shout I'm in.

18 hours ago, PhilMcCrakin said:

What are these on the side of the engine. As they super secret Leyland mad max super chargers with clutches?

53809D8D-CC0C-4268-BE7A-28042420C129.jpeg

From R-L, dynamo and what looks like a magneto.

edit: the ‘clutches’ are just couplings. Basically a rubber star inbetween two toothed wheels. Sometimes known as a Smiths type coupling or a Hants and Dorset coupling as they used this type to replace the useless plate coupling on leyland diesel fuel pumps..

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 12:47 AM, jakebullet said:

Arsebook: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2433037177027103/

Parts only....

Engine price plz? Only got half of it
Door? Left it in field
Brake fluid cap? Sold M9

I'm going to disagree on this one. Going on what's in the picture, I'd have loved to have had access to something like this when I was converting my old Renault Master back in the day - central heating, Thetford bog, fancy distribution panel and charger, 3 way fridge, cooker etc. etc.