'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

Such a shame to see an XR4x4 end up like this. Probably one for the 'Bargains' thread instead? An expensive plant pot for £999.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-1989-FORD-SIERRA-4X4-FOR-SPARES-REPAIRS-BREAKING-OR-SELL-COMPLETE/254082846484?hash=item3b28848f14:g:Fw8AAOSw8kRcQ3xd

EITHER A VERY VERY BRAVE RESTORATION PROJECT OR IDEAL FOR SPARE PARTS.

That mini roof skin; they use to do that to terminally rotten Mantas, especially if it were without a sunroof, as the factory sunroofs rotted out. Easier to cut and weld the pillars than changing the skin, apparently. They probably still do but Mantas don't appear for sale as often as they use to.

• 2 weeks later...

And to continue the cliché the thing is moored up in Barnsley, miles away from the sea. For the full 180 it should be located on the drive of a council house.

I'll have you know that there's a canal in Barnsley, albeit, not a very long one !

Cannot work out where it is from the pics and I don't do Faceache, but I've always wanted a boat.....

A 1971 Range Rover you say?

About £975 over the odds at the current scrap price.

attachicon.gifuwotm8.jpg

I think the line in the advert that says "Can be posted" is all you need to know. I reckon a VIN plate and logbook will even go as a standard letter to keep the shipping costs down for your new Range Rover.

RANGE ROVER CLASSIC SUFFIX B 1973 6X4 DEFENDER PROJECT 6.2 GMC V8 DIESEL

TOTALLY ROT FREE

TAX AND MOT EXEMPT

s-l500.jpg

Mad fucks are bidding on this abortion. You can too....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-CLASSIC-SUFFIX-B-1973-6X4-DEFENDER-PROJECT-6-2-GMC-V8-DIESEL/292959065035

Not "scrap it", but while searching for Supra parts for my Mk3 I came across this gem.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-mk3/263984301598

£12,345 ... for a fucked, barry-boy'ed-up-the-arse, poor abused Mk3.

Take the 1 off the front of that price and it'd be more realistic, but still too high.

Tbf, he has written 'do not buy and ignore listing (sic) price', so I don't think he expects to get 12k.... But yes, what a throbber to have fucked up what looked like a nice example then lost his mojo for it. Chances of this ever hitting the road again? Zero. Chances of it surviving another 12 months? One in ten.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...