'just bloody scrap it' - the eBay 'fuck me, what were they thinking' thread

messerschmitt owner

For a Heinkel, that is bloody good! Easily restorable with new panels. And an engine is no problem. I'd rock that!

Longer than 30 years, when I was a kid 13-14 my dad sold shoes on Rugby Market , this was mid 70s , we used to drive past that Interceptor every Saturday and it never moved, ever , I think it got parked up when the fuel crisis hit and never moved from that day to this.

So the good news is, the chap who had this Jensen - who appears, from the eBay seller other items field, to have had quite a few delightful old bangers in storage* - has a nice clean driveway (it was on a block-paved drive or similar, not mud - the mud WAS the Jensen) which is now sporting an '80s Bentley Turbo R/Mulsanne type thing.

It's yet to get a grubby tarpaulin thrown over it, mind.

is that ^^ not a banham x99?

edited to add

Kits based on the Rover Metro were the Banham X99 (looking very much like the concept car drawings of the soon to be released Audi TT). After some intervention from VAG over the origin of its design this was later revised slightly to the Banham X21 (looking a bit like a Nissan Figaro and Audi TT), the Banham BAT (based on the X21, but with a futuristic styling), the Banham New Speedster (inspired by the Porsche 356 Speedster), the Tiger (inspired by the Sunbeam Tiger) and the Banham Superbug (a modern interpretation of the Mini Moke).[4]

What is the point? you can buy a working genuine TT for under £1500.

Not 15 years ago you couldn't.  At the time they were an alternative desperate attempt to let you have something that looks like an Audi TT (if you're blind) for less cost.

Now they are pointless.  Just like many other Kit cars that were "copies" of desireable cars at the time.

prob on the back of that Jensen fiasco

Mercedes 380 SL Barn Find Restoration Project for total restoration

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-380-SL-Barn-Find-Restoration-Project-for-total-restoration-/292185496723?hash=item44079cdc93:g:zXYAAOSwBxZZa-Es

s-l500.jpg

£1600 BiN

scrap the old duchess mate

No, this is NOT a barn find. Where's the fucking barn?

It's abandoned in shrubbery not forgotten and dry in a "barn".

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the answered questions

would you consider a p/x on my flat in Chelsea(London)? I,ll throw in my cayenne to make up the difference