(Almost) FIAT Fiorino collection day.

Cavcraft

Remember this, from News 24?

fiat fiorino.jpg

fiat......jpg

Well, I finally got off my arse and went to see it today, primarily to pay for it. It actually looks half decent, but there was a massive rush to get there/back as Little_Miss_Craft was late getting back and we had to rush back as she had a driving lesson at 11.00.

Anyhow, the old boy who owned it is ace, proper old school sort of eccentric. He said there were only 25 (or something) were imported, and he's got it for a reason. The 'reason' itself was epic, he pulled out a photograph of those camper van things that attach to pick-up beds, and he planned on doing that. Only instead of actually buying one, his front garden was full of bits of old fencing, plastics and assorted crap! That was his plan, to knock one up himself, but sadly (for him, not the FIAT) he realised that he retired ten years ago for a reason and had arthritis (sp?) so couldn't cope. His house was basically a pile of old car parts, a badly sprayed VW alloy wheel and some truly ancient carpets. Inside!

He wanted to show me it running, he'd put new glow plugs in and something else (forgotten what) and said it will fire up first crack when he puts the battery on. I felt a right twat just rushing him along and not stopping for a yak, but LMC wanted to get back.

Recovery being sorted for next weekend or just whenever possible. More of that when it happens.  

These are a really neat little truck, I love the look of them. Cavette and I have wangled a deal on this truck, the result of which is that its coming to live with me!!!! Going to go and collect it on the A one night thus week. Dunno what I am going to do with it as yesterday I realised that of course it is unsuitable for carrying me, mrs_nuts and her dog Lebowski all at once!!! Oh well, if its OK I will MOT it and then decide.

I'd actually like to lob my name into the hat of the interested (purchasing) parties when you get it on the road, Mr B. If it stayed here it'd just be a garage ornament (as it currently stands) which would be a right waste imho.

Anyhow, see how you get on and if it does need a shit load of work (and I genuinely think it won't) I'll give you what you paid for it back. 

Excellent effort all round.

i work for a company selling pickup accessories (4x4type shit) and my boss owned truckman for 25 yrs,i can confim we dont,and never have done anything for Fiorinos :-P

This might be a good* time to start, then?

Mr Bollox seems to be gazumping shiters all-round at the moment. Haven't you already gazumped LankyTim's Vulva?

To be fair, he didn't 'gazump' me on this.  I offered him at cost price, as it's far more likely to get done with Mr_B01.